Chapter 11

"Stiles?! Mischief! Mischief! Where are you?!" Angie called as she went ploughing through lacrosse players looking for her brother, blowing past Scott and his father and pulling Stiles into her arms. "Are you ok? Are you hurt?" she asked, completely panicked. "You can't just shoot me a text saying: Another assassin tried to kill us. Caught them. Bring dad."

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I promise," he said as he pulled away from her, the girl cupping his face. "They went after Brett and Scott. I'm ok, Angel."

"Don't scare me like that, Mischief," she said as she pulled him into another hug, kissing his temple as he squeezed her tight before pulling away as Parrish walked past with a 14-year-old girl in his grip as she wriggled in her handcuffs.

"Jordan Parrish?" she asked after seeing his nametag and Angie held back the urge she had to growl at the girl. She knew his name was on the dead pool which meant that they had two-thirds of the list at the very least.

"Deputy Parrish," he corrected as Noah walked out of the locker room behind him.

"Angie, time to go, sweetheart," her father called, and Violet's eyes widened further.

"Angie Stilinski?" she questioned, and Angie just glared at her.

"You couldn't take Scott; do you really think you could take me?" she challenged, which seemed to bring back some of the fear in her eyes as Parrish escorted her out.

"Sheriff, is that the weapon?" Agent McCall asked.

"Yeah, it's a thermo-cut wire," he explained as he showed Rafael the evidence that he promptly handed to his daughter. "Evidence and filing are your forte."

"You should be paying me double what you are seeing as I'm only supposed to be a receptionist," she snapped before jogging after Rafael who'd stopped Parrish and Violet.

"Thermo-cut wire is a very unusual weapon Violet," he began. "Now we've got a file at the Bureau on something similar. Used in over a dozen murders."

"I don't know what you're talking about. I just go to school here," Violet insisted, trying to play dumb but Angie smirked because for once, maybe twice, she had a feeling that she might actually like what Rafael was about to say.

"Maybe we should call your parents then. Oh, that's right. You don't have any parents."

And Violet's face fell to one full of rage and hatred.

"That's why they call you the Orphans."

And Parrish escorted her out as Rafael turned to the two eldest Stilinskis.

"We need to find her boyfriend, Garrett," he instructed, and they both nodded.

"I'll get an APB out," Angie said as she followed Jordan out of the building. She hated lying to him and was honestly considering telling him everything seeing as he already knew something was up with Lydia. And now that he was on a dead pool, he might need to know everything.

As if reading her mind, her phone buzzed in her pocket with a message from her brother.

Heading to Deaton's to help Brett. Tomorrow we're telling Parrish. Need his help to get next key.

Gods, her brother could detail every plot of every Star Wars movie down to what clothes they wore in each scene, but he couldn't put that level of detail into giving his sister life and death information when it literally involved her life being marked for death so some idiot could get an early payday. But, true to his word, Stiles and Lydia turned up at the station the next morning and dragged her into it.

"Can I borrow you for a second? In my dad's office?" she asked with a hand on his shoulder as she approached his desk.

"Of course," he said, instantly putting a stop to whatever he was doing and following her into the office where Stiles and Lydia were waiting. "What are they doing here? Are they waiting for you dad?" he asked as he closed the door behind him, and she sighed as she began playing with the hair tie on her wrist.