Chapter 97

"Dammit!" Angie swore as she hit the mountain ash barrier that prevented them from entering the field as night fell and everyone left the game. "You got to burn it down, you're the only one strong enough."

"Evie, this barrier is massive. Cerberus and I haven't done something like this in years - there hasn't been a need to."

"Well, now there is," she said as she held his face, eyes boring into his. "Our daughter is in there. Chloe is in there. My father is in there. That is our family in there. And you are the only one who can save them. You're a fucking hellhound for crying out loud. So you and Cerberus better get your shit together because Chloe's life is depending on you. Right now. "

Jordan took a deep breath as he knelt down, putting his hands on the mountain ash.

"For Chloe," his wife reminded him and Jordan blinked as his eyes became orange.

"For Chloe," Cerberus growled before he let out a guttural roar as he burst into flames.

******************************************************************

Ok, so things weren't really going well.

Lydia was still being held hostage, Jackson was still shot, Melissa and Chris were disarmed and knocked to the ground. Jordan, Eli, Peter and Chloe had swords held at their throats by Oni. Noah, Liam, Derek, Mason, Hikari and Deaton had been tied up again. And Angie, well, Angie had the Nogitsune's claws around her throat.

They'd broken through the barrier easily enough, but while their silver had taken down a couple of Oni as they freed everyone, the Nogitsune had been prepared. The creature hadn't hesitated to hold its claws to Chloe's neck - his divine move. Angie, Jordan and Noah would never let anything happen to her, and neither would Eli. They'd surrendered. And with two of the most powerful pieces off the chess board, it was a lot easier to get them all under control.

Perhaps the only good thing that came of all this was the fact that Lydia screamed. She screamed Allison's name just as she'd done 15 years ago and all of her memories came flooding back.

But it didn't mean much as Scott stood before the altar, Allison behind him protectively as the Nogitsune spoke, Angie trying her hardest not to cringe away from the jagged sound of the demon's voice next to her ear.

"We're not done yet," it crooned. "The game is mine. I have the queen," it said as it gripped Angie's neck tighter, and she felt its claws pierce her skin as she heard her family growl, her eyes set on the sky. "And soon I will have the king." if it had eyes, Angie imagined they'd be leering at Scott.

"You want me, take me," Scott said. "Let the others go."

"All the lives here belong to me."

"All you need is me," Scott said.

"Scott, don't do this," Derek protested.

"Allison kills me and I die in her arms, the same way that she died in mine," Scott said. "That's the move that wins the game, isn't it?"

"I've already won," the Nogitsune growled.

"You lose!" Scott shouted back. "Until I'm off the board. And I'm still standing. And I'm still the alpha."

"But he's not the only alpha," Angie spoke up, each word making her words deeper and Jordan's eyes flickered with rage at the feeling of her injury. "And that's not the only move to win this game."

Nogitsune turned her around to face it, its hand still gripped around her throat.

"You forgot about one thing," she said, chin held high. "You forgot about the one person who was you. The one person who knows how to defeat you."

"This is my game!" the Nogitsune growled as it yanked Angie closer to him, but she wasn't afraid, there wasn't an ounce of fear in her. "You still think you can beat me at my game?!"

"Not me," Angie whispered. "Stiles."

And then came the grenades.

One landed behind the Oni that held the other wolves captive and the other landed on the altar before they exploded in a blinding flash. Silver dust dazed the Oni and the Nogitsune and allowed their captives to break free. Angie ran for her father first as she cut him free with her claws the rest of them ran for the other captives as a roar pierced through the air - multiple roars.

From where the barrier had been broken by Jordan, stood three new players.

On the left was Theo, shifted with silver knives at the ready. On the right was Deucalion, the demon wolf, his claws having been dipped in melted silver as they shone in the moonlight.

And in the centre, wearing a bulletproof vest with the letters FBI on it, with a grenade launcher in his hands and guns strapped to his legs, was Stiles Stilinski.

And her Mischief smirked at the Nogitsune, at the monster that once haunted his dreams.

"Divine move, bitch."

And he launched another grenade as the wolves attacked.