Chapter 27

So not only was Tracy missing and Donovan not talking, but Tracy had also killed her psychiatrist, as in torn him to shreds and sprayed his blood all over his office kind of killed him. 

Angie's father was honestly beginning to wonder if they shouldn't put the boys and their friends on payroll at this point.

But, while Scott and Stiles were hiding the fact that Tracy was actually at the animal clinic with them before she turned out to be a Kanima, paralysed them all and broke through a mountain ash barrier, Angie was helping her father get ready again for his date.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't have to cancel again," Natalie Martin smiled at him as he cut himself off from thanking her for meeting him on such short notice at the sight of her.

"Me too," Noah agreed before his daughter peeked out of his office.

"Dad! Dad, you forgot this," she said as she handed him his phone.

"Thank you, sweetheart," he said as he tucked it in his jacket pocket and Angie kissed his cheek.

"Have fun."

But before they could walk out, Noah noticed one of his deputies laying down on their desk.

"Clarke? What are you doing?" Noah asked as he leaned closer to the girl.

"I can't move," Valarie whimpered.

"Angie," Natalie gasped as she pointed at the reception where another deputy was laid out over the desk, a clear substance dripping from the lamp.

"Kanima," Angie growled as she positioned herself in front of Natalie protectively. "Whatever you do, don't touch anything,' she warned, very well-read on the Kanima seeing as it was one of Jordan's favourite creatures in the bestiary.

"Mom! She's coming!" Lydia cried out as she and Kira burst into the station through the back entrance. "Tracy's coming for you."

"What? Why would she be coming for me?" Natalie wondered and Angie's eyes widened in horror as she shifted and she lunged, but not at anyone standing. She went for the ceiling and the creature that was crawling on it as she let out a roar and the two girls crashed into the desks. Noah went for his gun as Kira drew her sword, Lydia and Natalie hiding as they watched the seasoned alpha tackle her first Kanima, carefully dodging her claws and tail.

Tracy was good, considering she was a fairly new supernatural creature, but Angie was better. There was a very good reason why she survived all she had. She ducked under Tracy's tail before grabbing one wrist and then the other before disorienting the girl with a headbutt and jumping over her tail. The half-girl, half-kanima hissed at her as she growled back, as they went blow for blow again and Lydia screamed, "Mom, run!"

But the young girl had been more concerned with the safety of her mother than her own, because as Angie dodged the tail again, it went straight into Lydia's stomach.

"Lydia! Cut it off!" Angie called, first to the fallen girl and then to her armed friend as Kira wielded her sword, her father long since paralysed himself after missing two shots. She went running for Lydia, sliding on her knees as she pulled off her sweater, revealing the camisole underneath as she pressed the material to her wound.

"You're gonna be alright Lyds. I got you," she soothed, closing her eyes as she took one of Lydia's hands. The veins in her hand had only just begun to glow black when she felt the featherlight touch on the back of her neck.

It was a terrible thing to be paralysed. And as much as she hated Peter, she felt sorry for him. She felt so sorry for him, to have to endure being burned alive and then being awake but unable to move. She even had the benefit, the basic ability to speak as her body slowly collapsed onto her back, unable to move as she whimpered to herself.

She could vaguely hear Lydia stuttering out words to Malia who ran off as Kira ran in, pressing her hands to the sweater Angie had stuffed to Lydia's wound.

"Kira...Kira," Angie called as she repeated her mantra in her head over and over to try and calm her down.

"She's bleeding out! I don't know what to do," she wailed, and Angie forced her tears back, as she made herself calm down.

"Move...move my hand. I can take her pain. It'll help her and the pain will trigger my healing process," she instructed as Kira warily nodded her head.

"Ok. Ok," she repeated as she reached for Angie's hand, covering it with more of Lydia's blood as she linked their hands together and Angie's veins turned black as she groaned, and Lydia seemed to calm in Kira's arms.

"Angie.... Angie, stop," Lydia protested but the girl didn't as the veins climbed higher up her arms and across her body. She kept going just short of giving up her power as Lydia jerked her hand away as the alpha began to lose consciousness.

"Jordan! You have to.... you have to.... Call Jordan," she exhaled as her eyes flickered back and forth between red and brown before she passed out completely.

And who came running into the room next asides from the man himself.

"What happened?!" he urged as he slid to Angie's side, searching for a pulse.

"I don't know! I don't know! She was paralysed, and she took her pain, and she passed out!" Kira panicked.

"Just keep pressure and -" Jordan was cut off as his hand grazed the wound on the back of her neck, a wound that hadn't healed as he covered it with his palm. And his eyes glowed as the wound sealed and he began to burn the venom from her body. Angie's eyes shot open as they shone red and she inhaled sharply, her whole body warm and she was glad to just be in a camisole as she came just shy of sweating.

Their gazes were locked as their eyes glowed before Angie exhaled as she said, "Jordan."

And their eyes turned back to normal as his hand which was now free of blood slid up to her cheek. "Are you ok?" he asked, and she was surprised that her hand actually moved when she reached up to hold his wrist, the man uncaring of the blood she put on his skin.

"I'm fine," she said in amazement as she looked up at him, genuinely meaning the words before more people ran into the room.

"Oh my god!" Stiles gaped as he saw the girl he'd cared for since he was in kindergarten lying in a pool of her own blood and his sister barely waking up in Parrish's arms. He was pushed out of the way by a boy Angie had only seen in pictures, Theo, as he looped his belt around Lydia's body and Stiles focused on what he could do. "Angie! Angel are you ok?" he worried as he dropped to her side.

"I'm ok. I'm ok. The paralysis wore off," she informed him before he and Jordan took a hand each as they hauled her to her feet that she was still a little shaky on, but otherwise ok.

Scott then called Stiles into the basement where they found a frantic Malia and a dead Tracy.

"It wasn't me! It was the guys in the masks!" she had insisted.

Angie was still tucked under Jordan's arm as she watched her father wrestle with his duty or to protect the supernatural. In the end, he had no choice but to let Deaton take Tracy's body away as there would be no way to explain it. His daughter only offered him a squeeze on the shoulder before her eyes closed and she tilted her head as if she was trying to hear something.

"Angie, are you ok?" Scott asked this time and the alpha only gestured for quiet as she tried to concentrate, taking a step away from Jordan but still holding onto him as she inhaled deeply this time.

"The chemo-signals," she muttered before turning to Malia. "I believe you," she announced, Malia able to sense the sincerity in her words and the young girl seemed to sag in relief. "It's faint but it's there. There were more people - not really people - there were more beings in this room than just Malia, Tracy and Natalia. At least two more from what I can tell. Frustration and anger. Then fear," she revealed as she sniffed the air.

The boys seemed uncertain as to whether they believed Malia, even with Angie's words on their side. They didn't know what to believe.