Chapter 63

Angie fell into Scott's arms as they ripped the cryo-chamber door open and she shivered as Malia wrapped a blanket around her.

"Did it work?" Lydia asked and all she could do was nod.

"I-I remember everything. My Mischief. Is he- is he back?" she wondered.

"The room shook again but we can't find him," Scott answered.

"But he's here. He's back. I can feel it," Lydia assured them but no one could answer before someone banged on the door and Scott opened it, ready to pounce before he saw Liam on the other side.

"There's something you need to see," he insisted.

"You're still here?" Scott said.

"But everyone else is gone."

"My dad?" Angie asked nervously and Liam just gave her a guilty look.

"They're all gone. Everyone's gone," he said solemnly. "But you have to come with me."

"What is it?" Scott asked.

"I can't explain it. I have to show you."

"You guys stay here," Scott said as he turned to the girls. "Just in case."

"In case Stiles comes back?" Malia clarified.

"If there's any hope, you need to keep trying," Scott replied.

"I'm coming with you," Angie said as she forced herself to her feet. "If you run into Jordan, I'm the only chance you have at surviving."

Scott only nodded as Angie stood, dropping the blanket as she reached for her clothes on the table, Liam's face turning red at the sight of the older girl in her bra and Scott just gave him a glare as he averted his eyes.

"If you teenage boys are done acting like teenage boys, can we go now?" Angie asked as she slipped her shirt back on.

"Y-Yeah," Liam stuttered. "Follow me."

And they chased after him as they made their way to the hospital where a giant set of train tracks took up the entire corridor and behind the reception desk were arrival and departure boards.

"This is everywhere?" Angie asked as they walked down the tracks.

"Here, the school, lacrosse field," Liam answered.

"What does this mean?" Scott asked.

"It means," came a voice from behind them and they turned towards the elevator to see Douglas standing there. "It's working."

Angie took no time at all to shift and roar at the apparent part wolf and part lion shifter that stood before them. His eyes glowed green as he roared back, and the two other wolves growled at her side.

"He can't take the three of us, right?" Liam confirmed.

"No way," Scott answered.

"Hollenhund," Douglas called with a smirk and behind them stood Jordan with green glowing eyes as he snarled.

Angie pushed the boys behind her as she faced her boyfriend. "I'll take care of him," she assured them.

"Parrish, you don't want to do this," Scott said from over her shoulder.

"The train is coming," Douglas said as he advanced on them. "There's no stopping the wild hunt. You'll make a fine ghost rider Scott. And I'll have a true alpha by my side."

"Jordan," Angie called as her eyes shone and the green aura that surrounded him flickered before it solidified, and he roared at them.

"I think you need to be a little louder than that," Liam said nervously.