Chapter 85

The only set of clothes that Angie had in the car for Jordan was his uniform, which he didn't mind as he got dressed and they headed back to the station, Angie keeping a close eye on the deputies should she need to suddenly chase after them if they tried to flee. She would've ridden with them, but ensuring Jordan was ok was a bigger priority. And the other deputies didn't even put up a fight when they returned to the station and lowered their weapons. 

Wielding a key card, Angie then made her way through the station she hadn't stepped foot in, in weeks, to swipe the card through the reader on the holding cell as she punched in her code and released Rafael McCall.

"Thanks. What's the plan?" the tall man asked as Jordan, Noah, Farrell and the rest of the deputies stood behind her.

"City-wide disarment," Noah answered. "Anyone with a weapon issued by Gerard is gonna relinquish it."

"Willingly or not," Angie added, her hand on her hips and a grin on her face because this meant that things were turning around. "We start at the hospital. Melissa and a few others are trapped inside," she explained, but where that information would usually make the FBI agent nervous, he found solace in the fact that Angie wasn't nervous.

"I think you might be needing these back, sir," Jordan said as he handed Rafael back his weapon. He pulled his gun out of the holster as he cocked it and looked at the alpha.

"Lead the way."

Oh, she led the way alright. She led the way into the hospital where a single kick of her leg broke the chains they were using to lock the doors shut. She led the way to the first pair of hunters who refused to drop their weapons. And when her father nodded at her, she led the way past them after she knocked them to the ground with moves that made her look like a ninja. And moves that made Noah confident enough that he could trust his deputies going off to follow his orders and disarm other hunters, as he, Angie, Jordan, and Rafael continued to make their way through the hospital.

And both Angie and Jordan could feel it when it happened. When her brother played his divine move and turned the Anukite to stone with a barrier of mountain ash, reviving everyone that was turned to stone including Peter, Derek and Deucalion. It was like the air was filled with happiness as the fear faded away. Mountain ash had always been Gerard's weakness if the stories she'd heard from her brother, Peter and Derek were any indication.

It seemed like a beautiful full circle.

"They did it," Jordan announced after they'd split up.

"They defeated the Anukite," Angie added as they grinned.

"How do you know?" Rafael asked.

"Short story? A hellhound locked it up in the first place. Jordan's a hellhound and I'm his mate. We can sense it just like he sensed it was here in the beginning. Harbinger of death and all," Angie summed up but Rafael still looked insanely confused.

"I think we should finish up here before we download him on everything," Noah suggested.

"That's a good idea - what is it?" Jordan asked as he saw Angie's expression shift, the face she made when she caught a scent.

"Blood. Lots of it," she answered.

"Can you tell who?" her father asked, and she shook her head.

"No, but it's male from the smell of it. More than one person, mostly human" she explained before she lifted her nose up and inhaled deeply. "It's coming from two floors above us."

"She can tell all that from just the smell?" Rafael marvelled, not really having seen the supernatural in action.

"I'm not your ordinary werewolf," she replied casually before looking to Jordan and Noah. "We should get to the stairwell. We had a bad experience when we mixed hunters with elevators, so I wouldn't trust it right now," she informed them.