Chapter 13

Jordan woke up first as he realised he was zip-tied to the steering wheel of his car. "Angie?" he asked, the girl still unconscious in the passenger seat, her hands handcuffed to the door. And then he heard the splashing, the sound of someone throwing a liquid all over the car. A liquid he recognised the smell of.

It was gasoline.

"Hey. Hey! What are you doing? Listen! Listen to me. I'm a deputy with the Beacon Hills Sheriff Department," he said and the person throwing the gasoline peeked through Angie's window.

"Damn, I was hoping you'd be out longer," he said.

"Haigh?!" Jordan exclaimed in outrage and disbelief. "What the hell are you doing?! Get away from her," he yelled as he poured gasoline on Angie who coughed and spluttered as she woke up.

"You're a good guy, Parrish," Haigh said as Parrish worried about Angie. "But the list says you're worth 5 million. And she's worth 22. 22 million dollars. Do you know how much money that is?"

"I don't know what you're talking about?! Haigh listen, I mean I barely make 40,000 a year," Parrish said and Haigh stilled.

"I only make 36," he replied as he poured gasoline onto him through the open window and that's when Jordan truly started to panic.

"Haigh, stop! Please! look if you're having money troubles -"

"You're both worth 27 million dead, Parrish. Sounds like you've got the problem," he replied and Angie's eyes glowed as she stared him down.

"I'm going to kill you," she said as she broke free of her cuffs and Haigh's eyes widened in horror as he flicked on the lighter. But as she went to break Jordan's restraints, Haigh threw the lighter and the car caught alight.

And the entire time, all Angie could think about was that this was how the Hales must've felt and that her family wouldn't even get to say goodbye to her for a second time.

And when Angie started screaming, that's when Jordan lost it.

He didn't even release his eyes glowed as he burned through his restraints and threw his body over Angie's as they were both consumed by flames.

******************************************************************

Stiles was standing in his father's office as he and Lydia were telling him about the suspicion she had about the fact that her grandmother, who was a banshee, may still be alive. Scott had been the one to deduce that the Benefactor was a banshee as they are the only ones able to tell who was actually dead without seeing the body. But he was also there because he had another concern.

"Dad, have you heard from Angie?" he asked as he fidgeted with his fingers.

"What are you talking about? Isn't she with Parrish, considering he snuck out of here hours ago?"

"She was. They left the hospital together before I went to get Lydia and I haven't heard from her since. She promised she'd check in and she hasn't."

"Call her," Noah said before sticking his head out of his office door. "Anybody seen Parrish? Or Angie? Haigh?" he asked the deputy sitting at his desk.

"Haven't seen them, sir," he answered quickly before Noah retreated back into his office, but if only Haigh knew what was about to happen.

Because right then, covered in soot and char walked in a very naked Jordan Parrish as he held Angie's unconscious body in his arms.

Her shoes were gone and her jacket and leggings had a few holes in them but her clothes were mostly intact as her skin and hair were blackened, as her arms and hair dangled in the air as Jordan carried her. And the only thing that filled Jordan's body was rage as he set Angie down in a chair as he entered the bullpen and Haigh's face paled with panic.