Chapter 89

(A/N: Thank you guys for 100,000 reads! Please enjoy another bonus chapter. XxD)

******************************************************************

"What is it?" Lydia Martin asked nervously as she saw the expression on Scott's face change as they stood in the woods with Malia, trying to find the Nemeton.

"Someone's following us," Scott answered as he began backing up. "They've been following us pretty much the whole time."

"Who?" Lydia asked as she moved to hide behind Malia.

"Here, come here!" Scott said as he yanked a young boy out from behind a tree.

"I wasn't doing anything! Sorry!" Eli exclaimed as Scott held him by the back of his flannel shirt.

"It is you," Scott said as Lydia looked very confused.

"Eli, Derek's son," Malia explained.

"Wow, you've gotten really big," Scott remarked.

"Yeah. It's probably because I was only three the last time you saw me," Eli retorted.

"What are you doing out here?" Scott wondered.

"And where's your partner in crime?" Malia wondered.

"Partner? What partner?" asked an anxious Lydia as she gripped Malia's hand again.

"Chloe's not here. No. She, uh, she's grounded and forbidden from seeing me," Eli answered quickly.

"Chloe!" Malia screamed out into the woods. "Get your ass out here before I get your mother on the phone."

And Lydia flinched as a girl emerged from behind the tree she was standing next to, a rather annoyed expression on her face.

"I told you, you were too close. I told you this was a bad idea. I told you we were going to get caught. And I told you that my mother is going to kill me after she skins you alive for this sneaking out thing," the girl spat at Eli as she stood with her hands crossed over her chest and Scott angled his head at her.

"Chloe? As in Chloe Stilinski-Parrish?" he asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Figures you don't recognise your best friend's, older sister's only child. And my mother, meaning Angie, is not only going to kill the two of us, but you as well," she warned.

"Aunt Ange isn't going to kill us. Especially if you help them find the huge 20-foot wide stump that they're stumbling around the woods looking for," Eli said and her eyes widened.

"Why are you looking for the Nemeton?" she asked.

"You know how to find it?" Lydia questioned and Chloe whirled her head around to stare at the girl.

"I'm the supernatural product of a hellhound, who is a harbinger of death, and a hellhound's mate. Of course I can find the magical supernatural tree stump."

"She's definitely Angie's daughter," Scott remarked and she turned back to him.

"You didn't answer my question."

"We need to find it. To help a...friend," Scott answered and Eli came closer to Chloe.

"Come on. You remember all the stories that my dad and your mom told us about them. We have to help them. Please Chlo," Eli pleaded, those stupid green eyes of his boring into hers and she didn't know how much longer she could hold out. "Please," he begged.

"Fine!" she relented and he hugged her.

"Yes! Thank you."

"But you get to explain all this to my parents and my grandfather when they finally inevitably arrest us," she said with a pointed finger and he raised his hands in surrender.

"Promise on my life. Thank you," he said as he squeezed her again, just wanting to prove what he was capable of doing even without supernatural powers.

"Alright," she said, hoping she wasn't blushing and beyond grateful that Eli was still incapable of reading chemo-signals. "Let's get this shit show over with," she huffed as she began walking.

"I knew we were going the right way," Malia said even though it was a blatant lie.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Chloe snapped back as they all began following them, Eli with a smile like a puppy dog on his face. Damn that smile. Damn the smile and damn her heart that deemed all of her parent's wrath worthy if it meant he smiled like that because of her.