Chapter 55

Scott, Lydia and Malia amazed her with the stupidity of their ideas sometimes.

After going to her house with Noah to hear about his father, he'd explicitly told the teens that they were not allowed to go and see him.

So, what did they do?

They drove three towns over, and they broke into a nursing home to see him, all while assaulting a nurse.

Noah had arrived when the nurse Malia attacked called him.

And he'd said something interesting. 

He was a dementia patient and seeing Noah only brought him back to himself for a little while. And he'd yelled at the Sheriff. He'd yelled at him to go back to his dead wife, his missing daughter and his loser son.

And Noah couldn't let go of the words as they irked him.

Angie would've been there to see her grandfather and hear his words, but she had gotten a rather urgent text from one of Scott's betas and Mason.

Corey had pulled a Ghost Rider into their world where they could see him, in the middle of a party. Which meant that the Ghost Riders were probably coming for them next, but right now, the young pack members had to worry about the Ghost Rider standing right in front of them.

"We can't let him get through," Liam ordered as the Ghost Rider began to whip at the barrier of mountain ash that protected Gwen, the girl they were after. "And someone please call Angie and Parrish and get them the hell down here!" he urged as Mason and Hayden took out their phones while he and Corey lunged at the Ghost Rider. It smashed Corey into the stair railing before pushing Liam into a wall and whipping the barrier again.

"Guys! He's breaking through," Mason said worriedly as a green fracture began to bloom on the blue barrier. But they were no match for the supernatural creature as it simply tossed them to the floor again as Gwen and Mason ran for the door, only to run back inside when she saw multiple Ghost Riders waiting for her outside. And then the whip wrapped around her ankles as it tried to pull her past the barrier, Mason and Hayden grabbing hold of her as she screamed in worry.

"FREEZE!" yelled a voice that was accompanied by a deafening roar as the young teens turned to see Angie and Jordan standing by the door, one with glowing red eyes and the other with their gun raised as the ghost rider turned to them.

"Let her go!" Angie ordered as Gwen struggled with the force that pulled at her body.

"Shoot him, Parrish!" Liam shouted.

"Everyone down, now!" he instructed as they dropped their heads and he fired ten rounds at the creature only for each one to explode against it with a puff of green smoke, doing virtually nothing to incapacitate it. Angie hated how silent these things were as it withdrew its whip from around Gwen's ankles and turned to face the two of them instead.

"On your knees!" Jordan insisted as it came closer and he pushed Angie behind him as the girl rolled her eyes and Jordan lifted his gun to the ghost rider's forehead. "On your knees," he repeated. But the creature did nothing as the wind began to pick up and leaves swirled around the room before the ghost rider literally vanished into thin air.

"What in the hell was that?!" Angie wondered aloud, not just referring to the creature but to its strange behaviour towards Jordan as he replied to her.

"A good question."

A question they had no answer to.

******************************************************************

Jordan had gone home, needing a nap and some food and some beer to deal with what just happened as Angie offered to stay and help Scott clean up the remnants of the party Liam had thrown at his house to keep Gwen in their sights and safe. She also strangely wasn't mad at the whole thing with her grandfather. There was a reason why her father never let Elias Stilinski near his only daughter.

They were tidying up Scott's room when someone knocked on the open door.

"Looks like a hell of a party," Noah remarked as he saw the mess which was only a fraction of the mess downstairs. Everything was a million times worse since they'd all bolted when the ghost rider came and dropped whatever they were holding.

"Yeah, uh, hopefully I can get it all cleaned before my mom comes home," Scott replied.

"We'll get it done," Angie promised with a small smile.

"I'll help," Noah offered as he began loading plastic cups into Angie's bin bag.

"Hey, Sheriff," Scott called after a moment. "I'm really sorry. We never should've gone there to see your father."

"No, no, it's ok," Noah swore. "I should've been clearer about who he is. And maybe a part of me just didn't want to have to, um, admit it."

Angie dropped her bag as she hugged her dad, lowering her head to his shoulder and hugging him to her side as he pulled down the collar of his shirt to reveal a scar to Scott.

"This is my dad, Scott," he said. "He pushed me through a glass table going after my mom. There's still tiny pieces of glass in there," he revealed as he let his shirt go. "The doctor told my mother that they'd probably be in there for the rest of my life, working their way out."

Scott gave him a look of pity.

"Small price to pay to keep him away from her. That time," Noah admitted as his grip on Angie grew tighter. "There's a reason why I won't ever let Angie near him, no matter how strong she is."

Angie kissed her father's cheek before hugging him tighter and letting go as they went back to cleaning, Noah sitting down on the small bench in front of Scott's bed.

"You know, something you said has just been bugging me all day," he revealed. "Something about memories."

"What do you mean?"

"Have you ever had a dream that's so real, you thought it was a memory?" Noah asked and Angie and Scott exchanged a worried glance.

"Ok, in this dream, I'm lying in bed with Claudia-"

"Dad," Angie warned and he waved her off.

"Nothing like that, just listen," he urged. "It's a couple of weeks before we graduate from college. And we're talking about the future, and kids and what we'll call them. And I tell her that if we have a son, I wanna name him after her father."

Angie's eyes widened at the memory of Jordan asking her who Mischief was and if it was someone else from her family.

"And she laughs at me and says, "Why would you want to saddle some poor kids with a name like that?" And I told her, because he's a great father, kind of father I wish I had, the kind I hope to be. At that point in the dream, she smiles, kisses me and says, ok, we'll name him that, but only if we name our daughter after my mother, because she is the strongest and most loving woman Claudia knew."

Angie dropped to her knees in front of her father as she took his hand. "There's more, isn't there?" she asked, and he nodded.

"Claudia...she says, she says that it won't matter what we name our son, because he'll just be called Stiles anyway."

Her eyes widened. "I have a brother," she muttered before she turned to Scott, and stood. "Stiles was my brother. Last night, Jordan and I were talking about giving my mother a key to our apartment since she comes over so often anyway and he laughed. He said, we may as well since Stiles already had a key and was always barging in anyway."

Scott's jaw dropped, but Angie still had more.

"There are only 2 keys to my apartment and Jordan has one and I have the other, but after he said that, I couldn't stop thinking about it so I called the locksmith, the one near the high school. There is a third key. Someone made a third key to our apartment, and I think it was Stiles. I think it was my brother."

Scott took a single step towards her as he met her eyes. "Angie, I promise you, we're going to find him."