Chapter 69

Originally, it was just supposed to be the two of them along with the Sheriff as they searched the woods for the hellhound, but that wasn't the case. After hearing reports of gunfire in the woods, they took a few other deputies armed with laser-guided rifles.

They'd only come across Scott who'd tackled Noah to the ground before almost revealing what he was to the deputies, some of them seeing his eyes but not his face. Scott, along with Malia and Lydia, had then led the Sheriff's deputies to the body of a dead hellhound that they'd discovered. And Jordan was nervous, to say the least, seeing as they all believed that it wasn't possible to kill a hellhound.

Apparently, it was possible.

And apparently, it was an amateur hunter who managed to off him with a single gunshot to the forehead. And they all hoped to god that it wasn't a regular bullet.

Not to mention, Lydia called her after she left and after Jordan headed back to the station, to explain the casing they found with Argent's seal on it. And the fact that she had a premonition about the creature the hellhound was hunting. They opened a door to another world when they merged with the Wild Hunt and when they closed it, when they walked out, something walked out with them.

And they had no idea what it was.

And after returning home, and by returning home, Angie meant to the new apartment that she and Jordan moved into, she was supremely annoyed - more like angry.

After they'd gotten engaged, Angie had a sickening feeling that something was about to go wrong and to help ease her mind- and because he thought it was a good idea considering the town they lived in- they'd moved into a more private apartment with heightened security. Specifically, they'd moved into one of the apartment buildings the Hale's owned and therefore Angie was given free rein of the place.

But the reason she was angry was because of a phone call she'd just finished with her brother. And it was the reason why she dialled a number she hadn't heard from in a little while.

"Derek Samuel Hale!" she yelled into the phone. "I swear, when I get my hands on you, I'm going to kill you. Painfully and slowly in a way that Uncle Peter would be proud of. I am going to kill you dead! I am your best friend, your only friend to be quite honest, and I have to find out from my brother who is training at the FBI that you're in North Carolina and wanted for mass murder! The FBI, Derek! They're not going to believe that you're innocent as easily as my father did and that's considering that you were wanted for murder in Beacon Hills so many times that I've lost count! So please, call me, or have your mercenary girlfriend call me, or something. This is the third call of mine you've missed Derek. I'm getting worried. Call me back, please. I love you."

After she ended the voicemail, she threw down her keys and was taking off her jacket when her phone dinged again, and she groaned in annoyance.

"Oh, what now?" she whined as she picked up the device and read the notification on the screen only to tap on it and see something that was very, very, interesting.

Interesting enough that she shrugged her jacket back on and picked up her keys and walked back out the door she just walked in.

Her notification led her all the way to the animal clinic where she was leaning against the wall in the operating room as the shirtless figure that stood by the table had his back to her.

"I see we can add breaking and entering to your listen of crimes," she remarked, and Theo flinched as he turned around.

"I-I," Theo stuttered before he set down the scalpel and mirror on the metal table. "How-How did you know I was here?" he asked, and she crossed her arms over her chest.