Chapter 82

Angie had screamed when Deucalion dug his claws into her leg to pull out the bullets lodged in it before he moved to do the same with his arm.

"They're getting closer," she panted as the sound of the gunshots got even louder.

Scott was crying out for Malia as he hid behind a stone column, at least until a hunter stood next to him with his gun raised.

Only to be ploughed down by a sky blue Jeep that Angie would recognise anywhere, the driver someone who she could never forget.

Stiles smiled at his best friend and his sister from the driver's seat as he said, "You didn't think you were doing this without me, did you?"

"Without us?" came another voice as Derek Hale got out of the back seat and hope filled Angie as her best friend let out a booming roar before he launched himself at the hunters.

And Angie's roar thundered through the stone structure as she joined the fight. Deucalion had said he didn't know how to fight, he knew how to kill. And he'd taught Angie how to do the same. Not to mention the fact that Peter was also well-versed in the subject. So they sought to educate the hunters on their proficiency on the matter.

And with Stiles ploughing down hunters left, right and centre, it wasn't long before Monroe and the rest of her army were retreating.

"Are you ok? Are you both ok?" Scott asked worriedly as he approached Angie and Deucalion, Deucalion who dramatically snapped the neck of a hunter in answer.

"Much better," he remarked, not really caring of Scott's reaction.

"We're fine," Angie answered. "The bullets weren't laced with wolfsbane."

"What bullets?" asked Derek and Angie turned to him. She ran at him before jumping, her legs wrapping around his waist as he caught her and hugged her back just as tight.

"You're here! You're ok!" she exclaimed as his chest rumbled with laughter.

"Yeah. I'm fine," he promised as he set her back on her feet. "And Chris played me your message."

"Good," she said as she let go before she slugged him in the face with every bit of strength she had. "5 months, Derek! I haven't had a single call, text or email from you in 5 months! I thought you were dead! You deserve so much more than a punch in the face, you absolute dipshit!"

"Uh, Angel, maybe relent on killing Derek until we stop Gerard? We kind of need his help," Stiles suggested and just like that there was a smile on her face as she wrapped her brother in a bear hug as they waddled from side to side, Derek spitting out blood from behind them.

"So I see you found time in your busy FBI schedule to help us out in our small town, huh, Mischief?" she teased, but her smile could not have been more proud.

"Yeah, well, at least you told me what happened," he said with pointed looks at his girlfriend and best friend.

"It's really started hasn't it?" Malia asked.

"What's started?" Stiles asked, still sticking close to Angie. When she'd called and told him about everything that had happened and ask for his help, she'd also mentioned what was going on between Scott and Malia - which they still hadn't told him. And while he didn't mind the two of them being happy, it hurt that they hadn't told him.

"War, little brother," Angie answered.

"It's an all-out war," Scott said before he went to give Derek a hug.

"As much as I enjoy an impromptu, family reunion, what are you doing here?" Peter asked as he stood next to his nephew.

"Is Cora, ok?" Angie worried.