Chapter 51

They'd gotten to work late after breakfast turned into lunch and then they had to stop at home to change. And by home, they meant Jordan's apartment. Angie had sort of unofficially moved in seeing as half of her stuff was there, she had two dresser draws and part of the closet, a toothbrush in the bathroom that was also littered with her lotions and lipsticks. She also had a key, and he had a key to her house because they still spent around two nights a week there. The Sheriff actually loved having them home and Jordan also made a really good impression by making one of the dishes that Angie taught him all by himself. One of the Sheriff's favourite dishes too.

Stiles also had a habit of coming over unannounced after he managed to get a copy of Jordan's key because he wanted food that wasn't take away. Jordan had wanted to change the locks at first because Stiles once came over, thinking that no one was home so he could steal some food out of their fridge, when really the two of them were in bed, but Angie had just pointed out and he'd find a way to get a copy of that key as well.

Angie had then reminded her brother, very explicitly, about the importance of knocking or at the very least, sending a text. He still couldn't quite understand the importance of it when he didn't reply to her texts that told him that she was at the school because a dead body had been found by Liam and Hayden. She'd been wandering around with a clipboard as she organised the forensic team when said brother came running up to her.

"Angie! Angel! Please tell me that you know me," he cried, seeming positively distraught after he'd realised what all the strange things happening today meant.

"Mischief? What's going on? Are you ok?" she asked worriedly as he pulled her into a hug.

"Oh, thank god," he sobbed.

"Stiles, you're scaring me," Angie said as they pulled apart.

"Ok, uh, the people - the people that took Alex and his parents, they're called the Wild Hunt. Ghost Riders and -"

"That's how we found out what Jordan is. The Wild Hunt," she interrupted.

"Yeah, well they hunt souls. And they're going to take me next," he revealed, and Angie had the most broken expression on her face.

"What are you talking about? They can't! I'm not going to let them," she whimpered as she pulled him into a hug.

"Angie, you can't stop them. You're going to forget me."

"No! No, not again! I promised you never again!" she said as she held him tighter.

"Angel, you can't be anywhere near me. If you see them then they might take you too."

"No! Please no! Stiles, you can't leave!"

"Listen to me," he said, both of them in tears as he held her arms and she held his face, trying to memorise every inch of it and the eyes that were the spitting image of hers. "You're going to forget me, but you remembered more than anyone. Everyone else forgot me. So, just try, try and remember. I'm always going to be the Mischief to your Angel. I'm always going to love you, my big sister. I love you, Evangeline," he blurted as he pulled her back into a hug.

"I love you too, Mieczyslaw. And I'm going to find you. I'm going to remember you. I promise. You're my Mischief," she laughed sadly.

And Stiles pressed a kiss to her cheek before he went running out of the doors and when they slammed shut, when he disappeared behind them, her memories of him went with him.

"Hey," came Jordan's voice as he startled her, and she turned to him. "Hey, are you ok?" he asked worriedly with a hand on her cheek as his thumb brushed at her tears. "Why are you crying?"

"I don't...I don't remember," she answered, confused why she couldn't recall the reason. "But I'm ok," she promised.

"Alright, well, I just came to tell you that corner picked up the body and your dad said we're good to go. He'll take care of the rest of forensics."

"Uh, ok," she replied a little uncertainly as she wiped her face.

"Your mother also wants us over for dinner tonight," he added, and she had to sigh.

"But it's Tuesday, dinner's always Friday. Did she text you?" she asked, and he had to smile.

"She called me. That way I'd be kind of forced to say yes and not ask you because you're the only one in this relationship with the power to say no to your parents," he said, and she had to laugh as she placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Look, my dad is the Sheriff and not even he has the power to say no to my mother. That is apparently the point of getting married."

Jordan yanked her to him by her waist. "That will not be the case when we get married," he remarked, and she smirked at him.

"You're getting ahead of yourself there, Mr Deputy. The marriage part comes after a proposal and I don't recall you proposing," she reminded him as she ran a finger down his jaw.

"Yet. I have to keep you on your toes somehow."

"Are you saying that you want to marry me?" she asked.

"Well, we're mates and apparently connected for life, so why not go through the formalities? Because you are never getting rid of me," he promised, and she sighed.

"I would but you're pretty good at sex and you make a mean chocolate brownie," she explained, and he squeezed her waist before leaning down to her ear.

"I think I was more than pretty good at if your screams this morning were any indication."

"Hey!" called a voice that startled the couple as they jumped away from each other. "I may like you, Parrish, but I don't pay you to fool around with my daughter. Get back to work!" Noah ordered and Angie laughed as she hugged her clipboard to her chest.

"You heard the man," she smirked as she covertly reached behind him to slap his ass, making him roll his eyes at her. "Back to work."