Chapter 78

"Why did he agree to meet here?" Malia asked.

"Why did he agree to meet at all?" Asked Scott as they rounded the corner of the Eichen House corridors.

"Curiosity," answered a voice that echoed along the corridor where Peter stood at the end.

"And because I dragged your stubborn ass here because none of you idiots seem capable of answering your phones!" came a woman's voice from behind him where Angie emerged from. "And trust me, when I get my hands on your nephew, he's going to end up in the same shallow grave Kate should've been buried in.

"So you've mentioned, little wolf," Peter huffed, his hands still clasped in front of him. "Several times in gory detail. You've come so far."

"We need your help," Scott said walking forward, Malia in tow as he interrupted their bickering.

"With what? Another suicide mission? Not interested," Peter interrupted.

"Peter," Angie warned, and Scott felt a bit more at ease with the she-wolf there even after Peter shot her a glare and she huffed. "Uncle Peter," she amended, scowling at him before she turned back to a confused Scott and Malia. "I'm forced to call him that as part of the deal we made so he would help."

"I never said I would help, I said I would meet. Or do you need my help?" he asked, addressing his daughter.

"I'm here for moral support," Malia revealed.

"For him or for me?" questioned Peter.

"You'd have to have morals," Malia said and Angie laughed as Peter glared at her again.

"Whose side are you on?" he asked and she gave him a pointed look.

"Whichever side gets Gerard into the ground fastest," she smiled innocently.

"Peter you helped us fight the ghost riders," Scott pointed out.

"Self-preservation," Peter explained, a clear indication for Scott to keep going in his attempt to try and butter up the ex-alpha.

"But we couldn't have won without you. You're stronger than all of us. You're the real reason the wild hunt -"

"Stop," Peter said raising a finger. "Solid effort. You don't need to appeal to my ego it's quite healthy."

"If by healthy you mean obese," Angie said, making Malia cough and making Peter glare at her once more. "Hunters are trying to kill me 24/7, at least let me have some fun!" she exclaimed.

Deciding not to deal with her, Peter just turned back to Scott. "You are going to have to work a lot harder than that if you want my help."

"What do you want?" Scott asked and Angie rolled her eyes at the impending answer.

"Everything pretty much is the way I want," he said before he started to move forward, arms crossed over his chest. "My penthouse apartment is filled with mid-century furniture, my passport has more stamps on it than a post office. And did you see the car parked out front? That's a Shelby 1000 Cobra. There are only 100 in the entire world. I have two. Two," he explained before leaning on the cold cement wall.

"Gerard has an army. And every single one of them want you dead," Scott pointed out as Angie trailed after Peter down the corridor.

"And you think that I'm going to enlist in your little endeavour because you're going to defeat Gerard? You're not going to beat him Scott, and let me show you why," Peter said as he flipped a switch, illuminating one of the cells next to them. A bloodied hunter sat on the bed, moving to stand as he saw who was outside his cage.