Chapter 42

She took it back. She took any hope she had of them winning back.

Jordan refused to let her stay with him that night and insisted she stay with her family while Chris followed him that night. She did, but what she didn't tell him was that she, Stiles, Scott and Liam were also following him. They followed him to the school where Chris had lost him because he was moving too fast. And then they found a trail of bodies.

A trail of bodies that led to a school bus that was filled with them.

"It's a trap," Jordan voiced as he emerged from the school and the Beast roared from inside the bus.

"It's big. No one said it was that big," Stiles muttered.

"I did," Liam said as Jordan turned to Scott.

"You can't help them," he said before his eyes shifted to Angie. "Keep her safe."

And he roared as his body burned and he went charging at the Beast as it ran out the front of the bus and Jordan chased after it.

"Don't!" Chris warned as he grabbed Angie's arm. "It's getting smarter."

"But Jordan -"

"He'll be fine, Angel. He's a freaking hellhound. I don't think anything can take him down frankly," Stiles assured her before she jerked in Chris' arms.

"Ah! He's hurt," she revealed as she held her stomach.

"He'll keep getting hurt but he'll be fine. You gotta give him until morning," Chris urged before looking at the boys. "Take her home and keep her away from Parrish until the sun rises. Then she can go looking for him," he advised as Stiles held his sister.

"We'll take care of her," Scott promised as they walked to the car.

And Angie just prayed that the man she loved would still be alive then.

******************************************************************

Angie had a very broken sleep as she kept tossing and turning when she felt more pain in her body from her boyfriend's wounds. By the time she'd woken for good, Stiles was leaving for school as she planned to brush her teeth and have a shower after rubbing her eyes of whatever little sleep she had. She kissed her brother goodbye and promised him frequent updates of her search as she closed the door behind him.

"Angie," a voice whispered as the silence set in. "Angie."

And she went bolting up the stairs.

Laying underneath her broken window was Jordan, covered in soot and scratch marks that didn't look as if they were healing as he groaned in pain. "Help me," he begged and she crashed to his side.

"Jordan! Oh, Jordan, what did it do to you?" she whispered as her fingers trailed down the side of his face, ghosting over the scratches that marred his skin.

"Angie," he murmured as he winced under her touch and she kissed him. The veins on her face turned black as she literally kissed away his pain and his wounds closed a little more.

"Angie," came a voice and she pulled away from Jordan to see Lydia standing in her doorway.

"You felt it too?" she asked and the strawberry blonde girl nodded. "Help me get him up. We can call Argent from the car and I can take more of his pain."

"I have an apple in my bag. You can eat while I drive," Lydia offered as the two girls hauled Jordan to his feet and down the stairs.

He was in pain still as he sat in a chair in the Argent Bunker in the tunnels and Chris observed his wounds.