Chapter 60

(A/N: I've had a bad day but you don't have to so please enjoy this extra chapter. XxD)

******************************************************************

When they'd asked Parrish to come and talk to the ghost rider, the creature seemed to be communicating with him in a way the rest of them couldn't understand.

And when he burned through the mountain ash, Scott really understood the power of a mating bond as his hands burned. Not just his hands but Liam's as well. And Theo's. It was then they realised what a bad idea it was to not involve Angie, someone who could control a hellhound, when it came to involving a hellhound in their plan. A sketchy plan that went completely wrong.

They also hadn't noticed how so many people had disappeared that they were basically the last ones left.

And while Lydia left to go help Scott find the rift that Peter escaped out of after Peter himself refused to help his daughter commit suicide by trying to get into the Wild Hunt when he'd barely survived getting out and he watched someone die trying to do the same thing.

They'd also realised that the only way to get Stiles out, was for Scott to bite him.

Stiles had to become a werewolf in order to escape.

Angie was against it. She wanted her brother back, there was no doubt about that, but she was against any plan that involved turning her brother. She knew that if there was anyone strong enough survive the bite it would be her Mischief, but then again, she'd thought that of Paige too. She didn't want to take the chance, no matter how remote, that he wouldn't survive. She'd rather have a plan that had half a chance of working but guaranteed Stiles came out alive than a plan that had the chance of him dying before they even got him out.

But Stiles wasn't on her mind as she followed the trail of warmth her boyfriend left in his wake whether he was a hellhound or not.

They'd trapped the ghost rider last night but then they encountered a problem communicating with him. Parrish was their only hope according to Mason, but the ghost rider had only tried to control him into setting it free.

Angie was right.

Hellhounds hunted with the wild hunt because they were controlled by them.

And when Mr Douglas, the Beacon Hills physics teacher who turned out to be the German alpha werewolf the dread doctors were using to keep themselves alive for decades, turned up and killed the ghost rider, he did something rather strange.

Melissa and Chris had been investigating a series of murders involving the removal of the pineal gland in the victim's brain.

Douglas was the murderer and the one eating the pineal glands.

And when he ate the ghost riders', his red alpha eyes turned green as he gained part of their power and as such, he gained the ability they had to control hellhounds.

That is if he found Jordan and Angie was praying that she got there first.

Jordan's heat trail got her to the tunnels and what got her the rest of the way was the sound of an emitter - Argent's emitter. The sound coming straight from his bunker.

Last night, Jordan didn't trust himself after seeing what he'd done to Scott and Liam. He especially didn't trust himself in front of Angie despite knowing the fact that his fire couldn't hurt her, so he'd asked Chris to lock him inside the cryo-chamber.

A chamber Chris was forced to lead Douglas to when he threatened to kill him and Melissa. And if there was anyone that'd be able to help them right now, it'd be Angie.