Chapter 35

Stiles knew that whatever Jordan had done to his sister probably wouldn't be over until the supermoon was over, but he still had to try.

He'd been right about Theo all along. Theo had been the one pulling the strings and driving wedges between them all. He was the reason why he couldn't find Lydia. He was the reason Scott found out about Donovan. And he was the reason why Stiles had found his father's fallen body covered in blood and barely alive.

It was the sound of her brother calling and the echo of Scott's roar as he came back to life that snapped Angie from her trance.

Lydia on the other hand had been kidnapped by Theo. He'd used her to find the Nemeton, the harbinger of death able to see where the Nemeton and the dead supernatural bodies lay in her dreams as Theo sifted through them.

In her dazed state, Theo dragged her to the Nemeton where he revived four of the dead Chimeras, Hayden included as he announced that they were all a part of his pack. Because he was a chimera too. Part wolf and part coyote.

Angie was definitely going to kill Theo now.

"Mischief!" she shouted as she ran into the hospital, her brother moving away from Melissa as he ran to hug her. "What happened?! Is he ok?!"

"He had a perforated liver and intestine. He's gone into surgery now but it's too soon to tell anything," Melissa covered.

"What - what happened to you?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know. All that I know was that one second, I was standing in the station with you and the next I'm at the Nemeton. I could hear Scott roaring and then when I looked down my phone was in my hand with your name on the screen and Jordan was nowhere in sight. Whatever the hell he is, he has some kind of pull over me. But that doesn't matter right now. Dad matters."

"They- they, uh, they were asking me about insurance and uh, what kind of cover dad -"

"Hey, hey, look at me," she said as she held her brother's face. "I will take care of everything. But I need you to breathe. Feel my pulse and breathe," she soothed as his breathing became slower before she hugged him to her chest, mouthing a thank you to Melissa over his shoulder.

The woman nodded as she left them alone, allowing Angie to coax Stiles into the waiting room as she laid him down on her lap, humming their mother's song as she rubbed his back, eventually getting him to drift off to sleep. She was exhausted herself, but she refused to let her brother be unguarded after her father was laying on a surgery table right now. So, for two hours she just sat and hummed, almost as if she was meditating. It was a good thing she supposed, considering she was still feeling the effects of the supermoon as it set, and the sun began to rise.

At least until Melissa found her again as Angie began to rouse Stiles.

"Mischief. Mischief. You gotta get up. Rise and shine," she whispered softly as his eyes began to flutter open and he saw his sister before his gaze shifted to Melissa and he sat up.

"He gonna be fine. He's ok. Dr Geyer is stitching him up right now," she explained gently.

"I wanna see him. We wanna see him," Stiles said as he began to stand but Melissa placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Ok. But the anaesthesia needs to wear off. It's going to be at least two hours," she continued.

"Ok. Yeah. But, I mean, everything's going to be ok though, I mean, is he ok?" he rambled, Angie rubbing his back as Melissa kept her hand on his shoulder.

"He's going to be just fine," she promised.

"Oh, thank god," he breathed shakily as he rubbed his face with his hands, his eyes tearing up as he rested his head on Angie's shoulder, hugging her arm.