Chapter 102

When the flames finally died down, Jordan was panting as he lay on the Nemeton, Angie lying next to him, her hair fanned out and face covered in soot as she appeared to be sleeping.

"Mom!" Chloe cried out as she ran to her side, Jordan still breathing heavily as he shifted his wife's head onto his lap. "Is she ok?" she asked worriedly.

"She's fine, baby girl. This is not the first time this has happened," her father promised but she was still anxious.

"I got it," Derek said as he took Angie's hand from Chloe and in a quick motion, broke the bone as she flinched awake.

"Motherfucker!" she cursed as she jerked in her husband's hold.

"Welcome back," Derek said with a smirk as she death glared him and he just jerked her bone back into place and she flinched again before taking her hand back from the wolf.

"I hate you," she groaned before she was winded as Chloe threw herself onto her mother.

"You're ok," Chloe cried as Angie hugged her daughter to her chest.

"Oh, my sweet girl. You saved us," Angie said proudly as she kissed her daughter's head.

As they helped the couple up to their feet, they realised that the illusion had faded and now they all stood on the empty lacrosse field as the full moon shone above them.

After Stiles was assured that his sister and niece were ok, he began unstrapping the vest from his torso.

"Stiles!" called a voice that he would always know and he looked up to see Lydia running over to him, her eyes wide, mouth agape and face still wet with tears. "You're ok!"

Stiles' smile was small. "Yeah, I'm ok."

"I- I have to -"

"I know why you left," he interrupted. "I mean the real reason."

"I-"

"I know you were the smart one in our relationship, but I have my moments. It was my idea for you to write down your dreams in case they were premonitions," he said.

"But they were -"

"On a password-protected website," Stiles finished. "I found the website and I got someone at work to crack the password. Took me a few years but it's ok, we're here now."

"We?" Lydia questioned.

Stiles took a step closer to her as he stuck his hands in his pants pockets. "In high school, I had a 10-year plan to get you to fall in love with me. Honestly, there was no plan - I was just hoping you would, but I'm the only person on this planet who knows you, who truly knows you. I'm not letting you walk away because of a dream. A dream that was wrong anyway."

Lydia bit her lips as Stiles got closer to her. "So..."

"So, I'm enjoying having all the answers for once," he joked and Lydia couldn't stop her smile. He always knew how to do that, make her smile when she needed it most. Stiles stopped when he was directly in front of her, his hands still in his pockets as she looked up at his eyes. "Do you remember the last thing I said to you? Before you walked out?"

She bit her lips again. "You said even though I was making a mistake, that you'd find the real reason why I left."

"And after that?"

"You said...you said remember that I'll always love you."

And Lydia inhaled sharply as Stiles cupped her face as he used his thumbs to brush away her tears.

"I didn't say it back. I left and I didn't say it back."

The déjà vu of hearing those words again only made him love her more as he just smiled at her.