Chapter 8

(A/N: First chapter of season 4A. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Even though she just saved her brother - even though she tormented herself for weeks to save him - Angie was going to kill him. Angie was going to kill him and Scott. She was still deciding what to do with Kira, Lydia and Malia.

For weeks she'd been worried about Derek going missing and she reached out to every contact she had while also using the police database to keep track of any possible sighting of him, not just in the state but nationally. But part of the reason why she couldn't find him was because he wasn't even in the country. Scott and Stiles had found him in Mexico of all places. But not just anywhere in Mexico, they found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple underneath a church in the middle of a town that was collapsed in an earthquake. And they found him in the body of his teenage self.

And they didn't tell her about any of it.

Oh, she was so going to kill them. She was going to kill them slowly and painfully.

Especially when Parrish came to find her in the file room to tell her that the young boy they just arrest was apparently Derek Hale.

"Oh my god," she gasped when she saw him.

"Hey, you never told me how you knew Derek," Jordan pointed out, his chest pressed against her arm almost in a protective way as she looked up at him with a smirk.

Since the day that she went over to his house to help him unpack, they'd been hanging out outside of work a few times a week. She'd even crashed at his house a few times after a late shift. And the entire time, all she could think about was the man sleeping in the room right next door.

She could talk to him for hours on end and not get bored. Not to mention the fact that he'd gotten used to her somewhat flirtatious banter and had started giving it back to her.

"We went to high school together," she explained. "And maybe even had a few dates here and there."

"You dated him?" Jordan asked, both surprised and a little hurt.

"You seem a little jealous Jordan. Is there a reason for that?" she teased and he only sighed, too scared to even make a move because of her father.

"Angie -"

"Angie?" And they both turned to where Derek was sitting on the bench outside the Sheriff's office, having heard a name he recognised.

"Run his prints again while I talk to him, would you?" she asked and he nodded.

"Sure," he replied as she approached him and knelt down.

"Hi, Derek. Do you recognise me?" she questioned as she searched his eyes which were scared and confused.

"Yeah. You look a little older, but you're Angie Stilinski. You're my best friend," he answered and she chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah I am," she said.

"Who was that guy you were with?" Derek asked as he gestured to where Jordan was sitting at his desk, typing away at his computer.

"Why? He give you any trouble?"

"No. Actually, he was nice. He took my cuffs off. The other deputy was an ass though."

The corners of her lips lifted up at the thought of Jordan's kindness to him when he had no obligation to be nice to the young boy.

"You're not wrong. Don't worry. I'll make sure the delivery guy gets his order wrong the next time he's on the night shift," she promised and he smiled at her.