Chapter 24

(A/N: Season 5A, let's go. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Six months had passed between Kate and the dead pool and now and things had been surprisingly good. Angie had gotten into this nice routine where she split her nights between her father's house and Jordan's after work. He even joined her family for dinner on some nights.

It was so nice to not have anything supernatural to worry about.

Derek even kept in contact by email every now and again, updating her on how he and Cora were and vice versa. However, they'd been very unlucky in terms of discovering what the hell kind of supernatural creature Jordan was with the bestiary. They completely struck out.

Stiles, though, was always finding something new to panic about and this time it was about his senior year. Their father never kept in contact with his high school friends and the only person Angie had left from high school was Derek which was lucky considering she didn't get the chance to graduate. He just didn't want that to happen to him and his friends - to him and his pack.

And it wouldn't as they all stood in the school library for their Senior Scribe. An event where the entire senior class left their mark on the high school. Because as they all signed their initials on the bookshelves, Stiles saw the initials D.H. And underneath those initials, in the same handwriting, Derek had written, P.K and E. S.

Stiles assumed the P.K was for Paige, the girl he loved and lost. He didn't have to assume the E. S that stood for his sister.

He wondered if she knew what Derek had done for her.

If she knew that Scott did the same thing for Allison, writing her initials under his.

But before this happened and before Stiles could get a chance to ask her, first Angie had to get through one of the most annoying shifts she'd had in a while.

"For the millionth time Mrs Thompson, your cat going missing is not a pressing concern for the Beacon Hills Sheriff's Department. And even still, the power is out and you have a black cat, you'll probably find him when the lights come back on. And since I have more important problems to worry about, I bid you goodnight," she snapped before hanging up. "Beacon Hills Sheriff Department, please hold. Beacon Hills Sheriff Department please hold. Beacon Hills Sheriff - yes, the power is out. Yes, we are dealing with and no, there is nothing that the police can do to turn your lights back on. Goodbye!"

"I see the storm brings out your people skills," Jordan teased as he set down his own phone and she just sighed as she rubbed her face.

"D-day extremists think every storm is the end of the world and that we can tell them if it's true. Half these calls are because of them. And then the other half are angry old men asking when the power is coming back on. I finally finish reorganising the file room only to get drowned in phone calls," she huffed, just letting the phones ring, but they were interrupted before he could offer a response.

"Parrish! Check the backup generator and make sure it's fuelled. And Parrish, answer the phone," her father ordered, and Jordan's jaw tensed before he followed the Sheriff and marched into his office as Angie consulted her watch.

"Six months, three days and twelve hours. Impressive," she admitted as she finally put an end to the running timer she had on how long her boyfriend would simply do as he was told as he was assigned to courthouse security, directing traffic, reorganising the evidence locker and serving subpoenas. Pretty much every out-of-field task that a cop could do, Jordan was told to do.