Chapter 26

There was a new wolf in town. His name was Theo and he'd helped saved Scott when the talon guy went after him. And Stiles didn't trust him one little bit.

Everyone thought he was crazy and paranoid, but Angie believed him. She knew Stiles could get obsessively protective over his friends, but his accusations were usually never unfounded. Not to mention the fact that his intuition was really good. If he believed that Theo was bad, then he was bad. Which was why she and Jordan were more than happy to run a background check on him and his family despite her father's protests. She was still slightly mad at him for keeping Jordan on desk duty for six months because he didn't trust him. And why she was quick to rope Jordan in when Lydia called to ask for a favour. A girl in her class named Tracy had been having night terrors, which usually wasn't a cause for concern in their area of expertise, but when the girl threw up black blood and crow feathers, then it concerns them.

So, Jordan checked her windows and skylight and he found dozens of dead crows on the roof outside her skylight. The couple then offered to sit outside Tracy's house for a couple of hours after their shift ended just in case something else happened. Lydia thanked them profusely by bringing them coffee in the middle of the night when they reported no one to have gone in or out. it hadn't been a total waste of a night considering that they got to spend time together.

It was now the next night and Angie stood in front of her father as she tied his tie, and he messed with his hair as he looked in a mirror.

"I should've gotten a haircut," he groaned as Angie finished with his tie and then swatted his hand out of the way as she fixed his hair.

"You look fine, dad," she promised as she smoothed it down.

"You know, someone your age should be happy that they still have hair to cut," Stiles pointed out and received a pointed smack on the head from his sister. "Ow!"

"I think you look great," Scott said and Noah smiled at him.

"Well, thank you, son I should've had."

And Scott smiled warmly at the Sheriff while Stiles merely had an offended look on his face.

"Oh, what the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea," Noah huffed as he pulled at his tie and went to unbutton his collar, but Angie was right there as she pushed his hands from the way and began to fix it up.

"Daddy, it's one date. I think I can manage to take care of the station for one night so that the town of Beacon Hills doesn't implode while you're out with one woman," Angie assured him as she fixed his tie and kissed his cheek.

"Or man," Stiles interrupted and his father and sister only glared at him.

"It's a woman Stiles," he informed.

"Ok," Stiles said as if he knew something they didn't.

"A very beautiful woman. A woman not nearly as beautiful as my favourite child," Noah added as he hugged Angie to his side and kissed her cheek as she grinned.

"What beautiful woman, by the way?" Stiles asked, not even comprehending the second part of what his father said.

"None of your business. Either one of you," Noah said with a smirk as he addressed the boys before Stiles' jaw fell open.

"Angie knows?! That's not fair!" he whined as his sister laughed.

"Perks of being the favourite child, I guess. That and I'm the one that booked the reservation," she boasted and Stiles only stuck his tongue out at her, a gesture that she returned.

"I wanna know," Stiles said as if he was going to find out through means that may or may not be classed as stalking and being illegal.

"Ignore him," Angie said with a pointed look at her brother before she finished straightening up his jacket. "It'll all be fine."