Chapter 94

Angie was almost catatonic as she walked next to Malia and into the empty police station where Lydia and Jackson were waiting.

"We've got a big ass problem," Malia exclaimed, Jackson with a green apple in his hand as Lydia turned around from the crime board she was looking at about the fires that were being set in the woods. "Derek, Stilinski, Deaton, Eli, Chloe, they're all gone."

"What do you mean gone?" Lydia asked.

"They were taken."

"By who?" Jackson asked as Angie turned around and wrapped her arms around the person she summoned and that she sensed coming. She may have been catatonic but she was able to stick her claw into the centre of her palm in a decades-old signal over and over again.

"They took Chloe! They took Chloe! I tried -"

"Shh! Hey, it's ok," Jordan promised her as he held her tight, her tears seeping onto his already dirty new uniform. "We'll get her back," he swore before looking to the others over her shoulder. "The Oni. They're the ones taking people."

And god only knew why - actually that was a lie. God only knew what the Nogitsune had planned for the people he'd taken.

******************************************************************

They then journeyed with Lydia and Jackson to the sight of the first fire and Angie was hit with déjà vu as she stuck to Jordan's side. She'd seen this before. In-person. It was after Paige died, and she'd walked hand in hand with Derek as they walked through the wreckage of the Hale House where his family had died. The house burned but the rest of the forest didn't. Kate was the one who set the fire but they hadn't heard from her in fifteen years, meaning that the yellow wolfsbane Gerard shot her with probably killed her. Unless it didn't. People apparently didn't stay dead for long in this town.

But while Lydia and Jackson continued to scour the site of the first fire, Angie, Jordan and Malia went to raid Argent's compound for silver weapons.

"What?" Angie asked as she picked up some knives and a tomahawk for Peter, the tomahawk being a joke since he was impaled by one, once upon a time. Jordan was staring at her as he held two clips full of silver bullets, presumably for the Sheriff and Mason once they found them.

"I can't appreciate it when my wife looks really hot holding a tactical tomahawk?" he asked and the corners of her lips lifted but she still felt almost empty on the inside. "Hey," he said as he wrapped his arms around her, her eyes closing as she stopped working. "It's not your fault they took Chloe. I know you and I know you would've done everything possible to keep her and Eli safe."

"They just ran straight for the Oni. I tried to stop them and -"

"What's happened, happened. You can't change that but we can change what is about to happen. You stopped the Nogitsune once, we can do it again."

Angie turned in his arms, holding his jaw as she kissed him. "If we don't die," she began, as her hand slid up to cup his face. "Then we can talk about expanding our family."

"Well, I guess I'm not dying today," he grinned and she couldn't help but smile as she rolled their eyes and brought their lips together. Jordan's hand slid down to her ass as they made out until Malia cleared her throat loudly.

"As awkward as that moment was for me, we gotta go. Peter thinks he found Scott."

"Where?" Angie asked, she and Jordan still almost glued together.

"The stadium. He's being held at the lacrosse game."

Well, at least it wasn't the high school.