Chapter 49

Noah had been bandaging up Stiles' shoulder when they came home.

Malia had gotten Belasko's talons from Stiles who'd gotten it from Scott, and she'd been able to take her mother's power. The Desert Wolf was no more. Except Stiles had burst into the room just before the fighting started and Corrine had held a gun at his face, and then he'd tried to fight her only to be thrown onto the already broken glass coffee table and a giant shard of glass had gone through his shoulder.

And the two Stilinskis had been anxiously awaiting Angie's arrival after Stiles had been patched up and they got Scott's text that everything was ok.

And they shot to their feet when they heard the sound of the door opening and the two figures they were eagerly awaiting - well one more than the other - walked in.

"I'm home," Angie said tiredly but with a smile on her face as their jaws dropped at the sight of her and Parrish, covered in soot, ash and dried blood and hanging onto each other heavily as they made it through the door. "Hi."

"Hi," they returned before they came to her, and Jordan let her go so that they could support her as they hugged her.

"I'm ok. I'm alright," she promised even though the second they let her go she stumbled, Jordan catching her only to be taken down with her as he was also too weak to stand, every limb, every bone in his body like lead as he tried to get them to move but they just couldn't. Jordan ended up on his back, taking the hit as he held Angie in his arms.

"Whoa! Whoa!" Noah exclaimed as he and Stiles helped them back up. "Parrish, you alright?"

"Just tired, sir," he answered, and his girlfriend huffed a laugh.

"That's putting it lightly."

"Alright, you two need some rest. A shower can wait till morning when you have the energy to stand," Noah said as they began helping them up the stairs, Stiles trying his best not to trip over his own feet as they went up the stairs, very glad he did not have to help Parrish who was both larger and heavier than his sister.

"Hey dad," Angie called as they made it halfway.

"Yeah, sweetheart?"

"We're not coming in for the night shift. Or any shift for the next couple days. If we wake up by then," she said, and he laughed.

"Sure thing. Take as long as you need. Both of you," he said as they made it to her room and they both quite literally collapsed on her bed. "Sweet dreams, sweetheart. Get some rest," he said as he bent down to kiss her temple.

"Night, daddy," she muttered her eyes already closing as Stiles pecked her cheek, glad she was ok before they left, and Jordan took the opportunity to pull her closer as he spooned her and snuggled into her hair.

"We should talk," he murmured, barely cognizant. "I have to apologise...we... we have to get back together."

"Jordan," she groaned, wanting nothing more than for him to let her sleep. "I said we were done.... if you crossed the town line. Did you?"

"No," he whispered, his breath hot on her skin. "Your dad blew my tires before I got there."

"Then," she yawned. "We were never broken up....and I forgive your stupidity. Now-" She was cut off as she yawned again. "Shut up and let me sleep."

And he kissed her neck as they both drifted off instantly.

They won.

******************************************************************

Three days.

The battle with the Beast had taken so much out of them that both Jordan and Angie were unconscious for three whole days. Both Stiles and Noah were alternating peeking into Angie's room and making sure they were both alive during that time before they woke late on the third day. Saying they slept like the dead was putting it lightly when they finally stirred, the sunsetting as Angie realised where she was and the fact that she was spooning Jordan. She was still groggy and didn't feel like moving as she shifted onto her back and closed her eyes, Jordan turning over at the loss of the warmth of her skin as he reached for her.