Chapter 23

(A/N: Thank you for 5000 reads! Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Lunch had been a rather enjoyable affair, Jordan feeling rather at ease as he dined with his boss and girlfriend's father. Angie and Jordan had then gone back to his apartment to shower and get ready for work where they were actually looking forward to an easy shift of paperwork. But Angie was more interested in the particular pages of a book Lydia had given her.

"You know how the Hales had those records of supernatural creatures that Derek gave me?" she asked as she perched herself on the edge of his desk and he nodded.

"Well, this is Chris Argent's records. It used to be on a hard drive, but Lydia thought a book might make it easier," she explained as she set it down on his desk and he opened it up to the page on the Kanima. "I know that you still have questions about what you are. And the answers might be in here. And I'm going to help you find them."

Jordan only looked at her in adoration. "You don't have to do that," he said, and she leaned down to peck his lips.

"I want to."

And they began digging.

******************************************************************

It was late and they were the only two people in the station when Angie decided to run a little test.

"You going to do a magic trick?" he asked as she sat opposite him, flicking a lighter on and off.

"The magic's all you, babe. And I prefer to think of it as a small experiment," she smirked, and he grinned at her playfully.

"Call it what you want, but I still only know one trick and it's with a playing card," he revealed, and she raised her eyebrows at him.

"Well, you can show me that one next. But this trick involves this lighter, and that hand," she said as she glanced at the fist his chin was resting on.

"Ange, this is sounding less and less like a magic trick and more like assault," he pointed out and her smirk was wicked as she leaned back in her chair and twirled the lighter between her fingers.

"Oh, my love, you and I have been through much more dangerous things together. Mexico, for one. And being burned alive in a car, for another," she retorted, and he sighed.

"We both lived. So why aren't we doing this test on you?" he questioned, and Angie's chest rumbled with a low laugh, looking both dangerous and delicious as she stared at him, dressed in his button-down and leggings with ballet flats replacing her combat boots.

"Oh, there are other, much more fun ways to make me sweat, Mr Deputy. And we already know what I am. And my healing abilities are incapable of healing me that fast. You're the enigma. You're the one that carried me out of that fire. You're the one that walked away unscathed."

"Not entirely. I had to pay for the uniform," he sassed, and she rolled her eyes at him.

"You're sleeping with the Sheriff's daughter, I guarantee you a burnt uniform is a small price to pay," she smirked as she sat up, knowing she was right about her worth to him. "Give me your hand."

"Have I seen something like this in a movie you made me watch?" he asked as he held out his hand, palm down.

"Lawrence of Arabia. And for the record, you picked that movie," she clarified as she held the lighter under his palm and watched him grow nervous.

 "Just, remind me what the trick was again?"

"Not minding," she answered before lighting the lighter and Jordan couldn't tear his eyes away from it.