Chapter 67

(A/N: Welcome to season 6B, the final season. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Things were a little strange if Angie was being honest, but she was desperately praying that they didn't get stranger.

First, a wolf appeared on the lacrosse field at the high school where Scott was volunteering as assistant coach until summer was over and he finally went to U.C Davis. Then said wolf had led them back into the woods where there was a pack of dead wolves all covered in blood, seeming to have killed each other. And then a horde of rats had made their way from the tunnels and into the high school.

She was beyond grateful to hear her now, fiancé's voice on the radio talking about a car accident. That she could handle.

"Highway patrol, this is deputy Parrish. Beacon Hills Sheriff's Department already on scene. I'm looking at a 10-plus vehicle pileup. Multiple injuries."

"Copy that, deputy Parrish," Angie said as she picked up the mouthpiece in her car. "This is Angie Stilinski, medics are en route and I'm heading to Beacon Memorial to coordinate. All officers stand by for further instructions."

"Copy that, Angie," Parrish responded before cutting out several more officers repeated his message. Angie was able to dispatch ambulances from her car as she pressed two buttons that transmitted the location of Parrish's transmission to the paramedics who headed for the highway accident. It was a good thing she wasn't at the station though, because she would've been sitting at the reception desk where two deputies were currently knocked out as a man listened to the radio, trying to isolate a voice. Parrish's voice as he reported that the medics had arrived and that he was on his way to the hospital.

But Angie had one little stop to make before she met him there.

"Mel? Melissa!" she called as she walked into the reception area hoping to find the nurse.

"Ange, I love you but I'm a bit busy with-"

"Not too busy for dinner I hope?" she asked as she held up the takeaway bag and the purple-dressed woman looked as if she could kiss her.

"Please tell me that's actually dinner and not a dead rat," she begged, and Angie furrowed her brows.

"Who brought you a dead rat?"

"Liam and Mason. Liam actually headed for the elevators after someone punched him in the face."

"Mason will check if he's ok," she waved off as she handed over the bag. "Three beef tacos with everything on it and a side of curly fries."

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" she asked as she pulled the girl in for a hug, the older woman rather exhausted.

"I love you too, Mama McCall," she replied as she embraced the woman warmly.

"Oh, by the way, Parrish is here," she informed her as they pulled apart.

"I'm not surprised he beat me here," she chuckled before Melissa lifted up her left hand to admire the ring that hadn't left her hand since Jordan put it there.

"I still can't believe this is the ring he gave you. My engagement ring wasn't even that big. How'd he even afford it?" she marvelled, and Angie smirked.

"He actually had three, rather interesting wolves help him out," she explained, and Melissa lifted her eyes to meet Angie's.

"Who?"

"Peter, Derek and Deucalion," she answered casually, and Melissa struggled to comprehend what was happening.

"You're kidding," she gaped, and Angie smirked.

"I could hardly believe it myself," she admitted. "But Stiles has never had the ability to shut up, so after Jordan asked his permission, he went running to call Derek and tell him. He still believed that Jordan tricked him and wanted him to stop Jordan. Peter obviously heard it from Derek. I don't know how Duke found out but when he did, like hell he was being left out even despite Stiles' constant yammering."

Melissa just propped her hand on her hip. "And did Parrish really trick him?"

"He asked him the question and Stiles zoned out from shock and when my dad hit his arm for an answer, he blurted out a yes and now he's convinced he was tricked."

"Classic Stiles," Melissa laughed. "So, how's wedding planning going?"

Angie scoffed. "It's not. I know Stiles and my dad want to help but every time Jordan and I decide on something, they try to veto it for something a million times grander and more expensive. Not to mention the input from literally every other supernatural creature I know, Derek, Peter, Deucalion, Ethan, Lydia. Honestly, I'm pretty sure Jordan wants to elope at this point, and it's starting to look like a damn decent idea."

"I'll say. I'll still get an invite though, right?" Melissa wondered and Angie grinned.

"Of course, you would. Whether Jordan agrees or not."

"You've got that man wrapped around your finger," remarked Melissa.

"Oh, and he knows it. Speaking of, I should probably go and find him. I'm still on the clock."

"You do that and I'm going to acquaint myself with these tacos that smell heavenly," Melissa said dreamily as she peered into the bag and Angie had to laugh.

"Enjoy, Mel."

"I will."

And Angie went wandering the halls as she followed the warmth that she knew would lead her to Jordan. And it did as she found him standing outside the elevators, staring at the hallway full of people in hospital gowns, scrubs and lab coats.

"Hey," she said softly as her hand brushed his arm. "Are you ok?"

"He was on fire," Jordan muttered as he looked from Angie to the hallway. "Everything was on fire."

"Did you have a vision?" she asked, her hand still on his shoulder.

"Not just a vision, but I'm pretty sure this guy was here. I think he's like me."

Angie closed her eyes as she let go of Jordan and took two steps down the corridor. "What is it?" he asked, knowing that this is how she got when she was trying to let her other senses speak to her.

"I think he was like you too," she revealed. "I can feel his heat trail."

"Heat trail?" he questioned.

"Remember I said that's how I find you? I follow the warmth. The warmer it gets the closer I am to you and I'm right next to you, but I can still feel warmth. Deucalion's training also makes it easier to feel your heat trails," she explained.

"What, so you're mated to all hellhounds now?" Jordan exclaimed rather jealously and Angie just smiled as she turned to him.

"Well, seeing as we've never met another hellhound, I can't answer that but if I had to bet on anything, I'd say no because you're the one that put a ring on my finger – without my permission but you still put a ring on my finger," she replied as she poked his chest.

And her smirk widened as Jordan wrapped one of his muscled arms around her waist and yanked her to his body. "And you were the one who didn't take it off," he retorted. "But I still have a few choice things to say to this guy when we find him."

"Keep your jealousy in check Mr Deputy. This hellhound could be friendly," she admonished.

"And he also could be evil."

"So then why don't we go find him and see who's right?" Angie suggested.

"Oh, you're on," he said with a wicked grin. "Just one quick thing first."

And he pulled her into a kiss.