Chapter 4

Jordan had been cleared by the EMT's and it was now the next day and Angie was glad to say that Derek and Chris were finally being released and no longer being charged with murder.

"Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this. It's way above the legal voltage limit," Parrish said as he held the electric baton that Chris had on him when he was arrested.

"I only use it for hunting," Argent explained and both Angie and Derek glared at him.

"Yeah, well I'm pretty sure you could use it to jumpstart a 747," Parrish retorted.

"This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped. Although I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that," Chris admitted, Angie only smiling as her father walked in and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I am. I'll take care of this, Parrish," he said.

"Sheriff, I'm not kidding. This thing's a few watts short from being a lightsaber," Parrish insisted and Angie's smile was a little saddening as she thought about how much her brother would've loved Parrish for using a Star Wars reference.

"Jordan, it's alright," she said and he reluctantly handed over the bat that the Sheriff pushed it closed before guiding his daughter, Derek and Chris into his office.

"He is completely obsessed with you," Derek whispered in her ear and she whacked his stomach.

"This entire station is filled with horny men eyeing the one young woman not wearing a box-cut police uniform," she fired back and Derek only shot her a smug grin.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Ange."

"Why? You jealous?" she teased as she walked backwards through the door of her father's office and hopped onto his desk as he shook his head at her.

"The specialist I saw in L.A told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit. 'We can't say for sure.' Then I spoke with Melissa. These are brain scans," Noah explained as he pulled out the two sheets. "My wife's and Stiles," he pointed out before handing them over to Chris who overlapped them. "I knew they were similar, but those are the same. Exactly the same."

"I'm guessing that's not even possible?" Derek asked.

"Not even remotely," Angie answered, her thumbnail in her mouth.

"So the trickster is still playing tricks," Chris announced as he threw down the scans on the desk.

"But why this trick?" Derek questioned.

"Dad used to tell us this story from when he was in the army. It used to remind me of Gerard," Angie said as she looked at Chris who sighed sadly. "A commanding officer told him that if they wanted to defeat the enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope."

"You and your father aren't the type to give up hope easily though," Chris pointed out.

"But Stiles might," she replied, her voice small.

"If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick then this isn't just a fight for his body, it's a fight for his mind. Right?"

"You know he's left people severely injured," Chris added.

"And others severely dead," Derek piped up and Angie stood.

"He's still my baby brother. You know you'd do the same for Cora," she said.

"It's why I need the two of you. I need people who are experienced kind of thing. I need you to help me stop him," Noah said.