Starving Yourself | Dream Reaction #6

Reaction: When their gf skips meals

Genre: Angst, slight fluff

Warnings: subtle mention of eating disorders, body image issues, lots of crying (I apologize)

Word Count: 3435k

Author's Note: I've had this subject in the back of my mind for a while now. A few days ago, I just got into it and thankfully finished today. I want to first credit my friend who helped me come up with scenarios for this lol.

Just a little disclaimer, I wanted to say something for those with poor body image. I feel like you hear that a lot, and you might read more things like "oh I also struggle too," and "please don't feel bad about yourself." When I was working on this, I did write some of the stories based on experience. So I don't have any right to advise on improving your self-esteem or working to have better eating habits. I'd be a hypocrite if I said those things. All I can say is that I know how what self-hatred is like, and how it can take you down some dark paths.

Please stay strong. I am very sorry for how long this note is 😅

~ ~ ~

MARK

His life was going normally, being a workaholic as always. At the same time, he felt more at ease since he was dating you. The other night, you guys went out on a movie date to see the new Black Panther film. It wasn't until near the end of the movie that he noticed the popcorn you bought was barely touched. But knowing your slight dislike for greasy foods, Mark didn't think too much about it.

After dropping you off, he returned to his dorm. He was met by the Dream members who appeared to have been waiting for him. They watched quietly as their leader removed his shoes and took his jacket off.

"Hyung?" Jisung asked cautiously.

"Yeah? What's up?" The Dreamies exchanged looks with each other that he couldn't quite read. Was it uncertainty?

"I don't think he knows," Chenle murmured, causing Mark's brows to furrow in confusion.

"Know what?"

Chenle glanced at his hyung, and back toward the members beside him. But he was going to tell Mark the truth no matter what.

"That (Y/n) collapsed at her university last week."

Mark stepped back, clearly shocked by this news. "What? Why?!"

"Apparently she wasn't eating much," answered Jaemin.

"She's your girlfriend. Didn't you notice something was off?" Haechan's voice raised slightly. As one of your good friends, the singer couldn't help but show his irritation. He knew Mark had been so caught up in work recently. But you've been struggling for a long time now.

Now in distress, Mark ran a hand through his hair as he searched his memory for anything he might've missed. He paused for a moment, remembering the popcorn from earlier. Then he was dashing back out the door, despite it starting to rain.

That was how you heard the sound of your doorbell ringing close to midnight. Luckily you were awake, but you were surprised to see Mark soaking wet. He also looked as if he was about to cry any second.

Despite your befuddlement, you pulled the man inside so he could change into some dry clothes. Mark would bring up to you what the guys told him earlier. At that moment, you began to regret hiding your problems from your boyfriend. You've never seen him so worried before.