Too Much | Chenle Imagine #3

Title: Too Much

Genre: Fluff, Slight Angst

Warnings: mentions of a breakdown (yes another one), and good old stress

Word Count: 671

Author's Note: So um I did write this based on recent experience from my first job. I just added Chenle to it, partly because I love writing stuff for Chenle. Even though he isn't my bias (sorry Chenle), I think having someone like him in my life would be nice. Also thank you for all your kind words from my last post. I just get really annoyed with myself and especially my writing. But thank you for reading and listening to my tiny rants 😅.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴

Chenle's attention on the television moved away when he heard the clicking noise from inserting the passcode into the front door. The dimmed light of the room barely allowed him to see your figure come through the doorway. After kicking off your worn-out sneakers, Chenle could hear your soft footsteps padding across the wooden floor.

He barely felt your body sink on the couch cushion beside him. Your neatly tied ponytail from the morning was now droopy. Despite the lack of light in the room, Chenle could make out the faint dark circles under your eyes.

"You should've just gone home to rest if you were tired," He sighed. His hand reached to cup the right side of your face.

You didn't say anything for a moment. But Chenle saw the stress screaming from your eyes. He didn't need to ask if you were okay because he knew the answer. Eventually, you did speak.

"I quit my job." The four words fell from your lips with subtle despondency.

Somehow that sentence alone was able to set off the waterworks. The fresh tears almost burned as they streamed down your cheeks. A second didn't even pass before Chenle's arms were wrapped around you in a much-needed embrace. For once, the loud boy was silent. His hand quietly patted your back, as you softly sobbed into your hands.

Eventually, he noticed Daegal pawing at his legs. Then he smiled and picked up the small white dog to bring her to your face. Giggles would quickly erupt when you felt her tiny pink tongue lick across your knuckles.

"I don't know why I'm crying." You pulled away slightly to grab a tissue from the coffee table and blew your nose. "I should be happy I won't have to deal with all the crap I get at work after this month."

Chenle's lips parted as he gently put Daegal back on the floor. "It's probably because you've been holding in all this stress from your stupid boss until now."

You laughed again, impressed by your boyfriend. He knew you better than yourself.

"You're only eighteen, (Y/n)-ah." He cupped your cheek again to wipe away any leftover tears. "You're not Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel. You don't have to carry all this weight on your shoulders."

You shook your head in slight denial. "Everything has been too much lately. But I seriously thought I could hold it in a little longer."

"You shouldn't have to. Your boss is an idiot for losing such a strong and brilliant employee." Chenle spoke as if he was stating the obvious. "Now you can find a place that knows and appreciates your value."

You soaked in your boyfriend's words, ultimately knowing he was right. No matter how much you hated yourself, you had to admit that these past months have contributed to your declining mental health.

"Thank you...for saying that and being by my side," You sniffed a few minutes later. "What would I do without you?"

A snarky comment was on the tip of Chenle's tongue. But he held back, knowing that's not what you needed right now. He stared intensely into your eyes for a moment before placing a kiss on your forehead. Shortly after, he'd move down to your lips. You felt his warm lips brush against yours in light, heart-fluttering pecks. Until the sixth one, where he properly connected your lips into one long and slow kiss.

These intimate moments with Chenle were rare. But when you did share them, you felt closer to the singer than you were before. The two of you were able to communicate in a way that was almost telepathy. Chenle had become an expert in reading the emotions you weren't even aware of. Perhaps, this was one of the reasons you and him were so compatible.

The rest of the evening turned into an unofficial binge-watching k-dramas date. That was how you two woke up the next morning being in the comfort of each other's arms.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴