Hugs | Dream Headcanon #12

Headcanon: Types of Hugs

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: none :)

Word Count: ~1.2k

Author's Note: Just felt like writing something mushy-gushy today. I've actually been working on my next Jaemin fic, but it's taking longer than anticipated to finish it. I know I've written something similar to this topic for the Dreamies before. But I think hugs with NCT Dream deserved it's own post. Hope you guys like it ^ ^

~ ~ ~

 mark

Hugs with Mark weren't particularly special, but they always felt like home. It was the feeling you got when you'd come over after a long day of work or classes, and he greeted you at the front door. The way his arms opened up for you, always brought a smile to your face. In his embrace, he'd kiss your forehead before asking how your day went.

It was the feeling you got whenever he returned from performing overseas, and the sight of him made you want to burst into tears. Running into each other's arms in an almost bone-crushing embrace, he would softly murmur into your shoulder about how much he missed you during his time away. In response, you'd say you missed him too and hugged him back tightly.

It was the feeling you got when you'd be in bed together, lying in each other's arms as you talked about your dreams. His eyes would reflect so much endearment as he whispered that he loved you. Overwhelmed, you'd nestle against his chest with watery eyes. Mark Lee will forever be your home.

‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿

renjun

Hugs with Renjun are shy at first, where one of you is anxiously waiting for the other to make the initial move. But once the awkwardness faded, hugs with Renjun were incredibly warm. They're the type to make you feel all fuzzy on the inside.

Oftentimes you guys would hug after being separated for a while, and finally being able to be in each other's arms is both refreshing and comforting at the same time. Then the two of you'd pull away slightly to look at each other with lovesick grins on your face, before hugging again.

Sometimes hugs served as a reconciliation after you guys fought. Once his arms wrapped around your waist, the anger would slowly dissipate. He'd hold you tightly as if you might disappear any second. Regardless of the frustrations that might have sparked the conflict, those comforting hugs were a reminder of how much you loved one another.

‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿

jeno

Hugs with Jeno tended to catch you off guard. You would be in the kitchen cooking dinner, or putting on makeup before your date. And he'd come up from behind and back hug you. The first few times he did this, your head would turn in surprise. You'd meet his loving gaze, making you laugh because he was utterly adorable. Even after years of being together, his back hugs never failed to make your heart skip a beat.

If you were cooking, you'd occasionally hold a spoon up to let him taste and he'd let you know if the dish needed more of a specific ingredient. When you were putting on makeup, he'd peacefully watch through the mirror and compliment you once you finished. If you tried to pull away too soon, he'd get all pouty. Then with a sigh, you'd lean back in his embrace and Jeno was happy.

If he was feeling extra clingy, he'd plant a few kisses on your cheek. Sometimes he'd come back from working out or a long day of schedules, and he'd seek solace in you. Even though he tried to hide it, you could tell by the way he sank into you that he was exhausted. In those moments, you'd spin around to hug him properly, squeezing in as much comfort as you could. Regardless of the circumstances, hugs with Jeno radiated a sense of security and contentment.

‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿

haechan

Hugs with Haechan were something else, because every time he hugged you, it felt as though he'd been touch-starved for months. It doesn't matter if you're doing homework or scrolling through Netflix to find a movie. If Haechan wanted a hug, he was getting a hug.

He'll be sitting beside you making grabby hands as if he were a two-year-old. While this action made you roll your eyes, it didn't stop you from settling down into his lap. He'd smile victoriously and he'd quickly pull you even closer.

Haechan would nuzzle his face into your neck, causing you to giggle because the sensation tickled. You almost felt like a pet with how much he smothered you with affection. Then you'd hear him sniff before asking if you had used the perfume he bought you not too long ago. When you replied yes, his smile would grow and he'd snuggle into you even more. You honestly couldn't get enough of clingy Haechan.

‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿

jaemin

Hugs with Jaemin made you feel like the most loved person in the world. They were the definition of true comfort. Whether you were excited about something or feeling depressed, Jaemin seized every opportunity to draw you into his arms. His overflowing affection spoke volumes, something you could never get tired of it.

The gentle squeeze around your waist and the comforting rest of his chin on your shoulder warmed your heart in so many ways. Sometimes it was hard for you to grasp how one person could have such an abundance of love. He never failed to express that he loved you, both physically and verbally.

Jaemin loved it even more if you hugged him first. As someone who loved skinskip, he'd be over the moon when you'd open up your arms for him, inviting him into a warm embrace. He'd speak in a baby voice as he rambled about how cute you were to him. Honestly, you could never get enough of Jaemin's hugs and you cherished every single one of them.

‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿

chenle

Hugs with Chenle were playful, but they expressed his genuine fondness for you. Those light-hearted embraces often occur when you find yourself embarrassed, or annoyed at his teasing. He took delight in the adorable sight of your cheeks turning rosy, responding with a laugh as he hugged you tightly.

In public settings, Chenle was the type to casually have one arm draped over your waist or around your shoulders. These gestures were remarkably subtle, seamlessly blending into the natural dynamics of being a couple. Occasionally the two of you'd exchange loving glances, and he'd smile when your head rested on his shoulder.

But hugs with Chenle could also take a more serious tone. Whenever you were going through a hard time, he stood right by your side with open arms. He could discern whether you needed reassuring words or simply a shoulder to cry on. This was one of the things about Chenle that made you love him so much. He was the perfect balance of having fun and providing a comforting presence in times of distress.

‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿

jisung

Hugs with Jisung were like an unspoken language between the two of you. On a normal basis, neither of you was super affectionate. Of course, you guys kissed and liked to cuddle in the evening. But not nearly as much as other couples might. However, when you and Jisung did share a hug, there was this sentiment attached to them, carrying a depth of meaning that was indescribable.

Perhaps you had a bad day at school or work, and maybe he did too. Upon meeting, a single glance was all it took before you gravitated toward each other. No words needed to be said as the two of you held one another, allowing the oxytocin to release freely. Those hugs always lasted a little longer than they should.

Jisung was laughably taller than you, which was perfect because you could bury your face in his chest. His chin naturally found its place atop your head, while his thumb traced soothing circles on your back. Sometimes the two of you cried during those moments, and your bodies trembled in each other's arms. Yet, those instances where you could openly express your emotions were exactly what both of you needed.

‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿୨✧୧‿︵‿︵‿