Perfect | Mark Imagine #6

Title: Perfect

Genre: Fluff, slight angst

Warnings: mentions of reader feeling insecure

Word Count: 569

Author's Note: This was just a random idea that came to me today when I was scrolling through social media. But seriously why are female idols so pretty 😭. Anyway this story is for all the girls like me who might feel insecure and hopefully this cheers you up ^ ^

°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°

One of Mark's favorite things was spending late nights with you. Those nights when he'd return from work and you'd bring over dinner. Then after sharing a meal, you would cozy up on the couch together. The atmosphere was serene, with his head on your lap and your fingers unconsciously weaving through his hair. Despite being in relaxation mode after a demanding day, he couldn't resist stealing a few glances at you who were scrolling through Instagram.

A sudden sigh escaped your lips as you came across a stunning picture of Huh Yunjin. She was only a few years older than you, and for some reason it selfishly made you feel more depressed than you should while looking at the photo.

"She's so pretty," you mumbled absently.

Curious, Mark sat up to see what you were so fixated on. When he noticed you looking at Yunjin's post, he let out a chuckle. "Well you're pretty too, you know."

"No, not really," you frowned, setting your phone aside dismissively. "She's like a goddess, and I could never compete with that type of beauty."

Mark's brows furrowed in concern, and he touched your knee. "What? Babe, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself."

You shrugged with a sheepish smile. "It's not a self-hate thing. It's just from an objective standpoint, I don't consider myself very pretty."

The way you said that so casually made Mark's heart sink. He wondered how many times you told yourself that. Unwilling to withstand this negative self-talk, Mark took matters into his own hands. Your eyes widened in surprise when he gently cupped your face.

Looking into your eyes, he expressed, "(Y/n), you're beautiful just the way you are. I know it sounds cliché, but it's true."

Your mouth opened to protest, but Mark silenced you with kisses on your eyelids. "Your eyes are like pools of warmth. I get lost in them every time," he said, then moving to kiss your nose. "And your nose is seriously the cutest."

A blush appeared across your cheeks, and his compliment caused a small smile to form as he continued.

"Your smile," he said, placing a gentle kiss on your lips. "Is something I look forward to seeing every day. It lights up the room and my world."

His words were so cheesy, but they made you giggle and you forgot why you were originally upset for a moment. Mark wasn't usually this affectionate, and you could tell he was putting effort into making you feel appreciated. Knowing that made your heart melt.

Happy that he had gotten you to smile, he tenderly brushed a loose strand of hair behind your ear. "You don't have to be a goddess. You're already perfect to me," Mark said in the softest voice that made you want to cry.

Shaking your head with a laugh as you blinked back tears, you whispered, "I love you so much, Mark."

He smiled and told you he loved you back, before pulling you into his arms to cuddle properly. Now it was you laying in his arms, and you couldn't be more content.

Mark always knew the right thing to say when you were feeling insecure, and it was always moments like these when you realized that you wouldn't know what to do without him. Although you didn't necessarily feel perfect most of the time, with him, you felt pretty close.

°♪°•°∞°c