Birthday Cuddles | Jeno Imagine #8

Title: Birthday Cuddles

Genre: Fluff, slight angst

Warnings: the reader doesn't have the most positive mindset?

Word Count: 823

Author's Note: I wrote this a week ago, inspired by my past birthday. Maybe it's a little selfish for me to write something like this, but oh well. Originally this was written with Jaemin in mind, but I've been posting a lot for him and it's kind of a problem. Besides, Jeno's clingy personality suits the idea I had, so it worked perfectly. I hope you guys like it. And if it's your birthday too, perhaps this can make your special day even better ^ ^

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ

As the years have passed, your birthday has become a bittersweet event that has lost its significance to you. With the number of people who have disappeared from your life—some you've even cut off, you simply didn't feel the need to celebrate. Being an introvert didn't help either. Still, as the hours passed, a tiny part of you wondered if anyone remembered your special day.

At least this year the weather mirrored your melancholic mood, as your mind was preoccupied with the stress of college. All the assignments and exams were gradually starting to wear you down.

When you finally returned to your small apartment, you felt nothing but exhausted and disheartened. The first thing you did after hanging up your coat was shed the nice outfit you had carefully put together that morning in exchange for your soft gray pajamas. It wasn't like you had anything else planned for the day.

Just as you slumped onto the couch with a sigh, your head turned in response to the sound of your door's passcode being unlocked. You quickly sat up, heart racing, as you spotted the familiar boy in a white hoodie and jeans. In his hand, he held a bouquet of blue and white flowers, and his eyes formed into dark crescents as they locked onto yours.

"Jeno?"

He removed his sneakers and slid into the soft blue slippers you always had set out for him before he made his way to plant a sweet kiss on your forehead. "Happy Birthday, babe."

You frowned as he handed you the flowers and gave him a quizzical look. "Thank you. But don't you have a schedule today?""

"Yeah, but we finished earlier than expected. So I asked Manager Noona to drop me off here," He explained, as he sat beside you. "Now we have the rest of the evening to celebrate!"

Jeno sounded so pleased by the convenient change in his plans, yet you barely managed to smile back. As the person who knew you the best, he saw right through your facade. He could see in your eyes that something was bothering you.

"Do you...not want to celebrate?" his voice lowered.

Though Jeno was aware of your gloomy feelings about your birthday, he had still clung to the hope that things might be different now that you two were together. But he was also one to respect your wishes, even if it meant missing out on a day that was supposed to be meaningful for you.

You shrugged and gently placed the beautiful flowers on the coffee table. Strangely, an overwhelming feeling of wanting to cry spurred as you timidly inquired, "Can we just cuddle, and maybe...you can give me some kisses?"

Jeno's eyes softened at this request, as he knew you weren't usually expressive about your desires. Without another word, he wrapped his arms securely around your stomach and held you close. Your bodies molded together in a warm embrace. His kisses were soft and tender, as his lips came in contact with your cheeks, forehead, and lips.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" he asked, wanting to ensure you were okay.

Fiddling with the drawstrings from his hoodie, you shook your head. "No, you're all I need."

With that, Jeno and you remained in this affectionate position. He played with your hair, while your head rested on his shoulder as your fingers traced light patterns on his chest. As the calmness of the moment began to consume you, Jeno finally spoke.

"I know this day may not feel special to you," Jeno murmured, "But it's important to me because today is the day my soulmate was born."

Touched by his words, you glanced up at him with teary eyes. "How are you always so perfect?" you mused.

Jeno chuckled and gently kissed your lips again. "I'm not perfect, but I'm perfectly in love with you."

"Oh my gosh, that was so cheesy," you giggled, hiding your face in his chest. Jeno laughed shyly, blushing from his own embarrassment. But he meant what he said.

Your lips met again in a sweet, lingering kiss that left you slowly melting into the warmth of his embrace once more. "But I'm also perfectly in love with you," you confessed, after pulling away. "Thank you for being with me today."

Jeno had to resist kissing you again because the urge was incredibly strong. Instead, he held you a little tighter.

"There's no other place for me than right here, (Y/n)," he said sincerely. It was crazy how much he loved you, and how much you loved him. Though both of you struggled to show it at times, you had these intimate moments where you could appreciate each other.

Jeno was one person in your life who made you feel so loved on your birthday.

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ