Here With You | Mark Imagine #2

Title: Here

Genre: Hurt/Comfort

Warnings: nothing really? just the reader feeling anxious

Word Count: 589

Author's Note: A lot has been happening in my life recently, and I've found it hard to find time to actually think to myself. So I wanted to write this for those of you who might have some things that are weighing on your heart, but feel like you have no one to turn to. Also, I've been wanting to post more for Mark, so I hope this is okay. Thank you for reading ^ ^

°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°

Being up past midnight was a familiar occurrence for Mark. It was a typical evening for him to be hunched over his desk, jotting down lyrics. Eventually, exhaustion caught up to the rapper and he decided to call it a night. He pushed himself away from the desk and turned to see if you were asleep. However, a frown formed on his lips when he noticed the absence from the bed. He quickly closed his notebook and rose from his seat to search for you. Luckily, he didn't have to go far.

Mark shuffled down the hallway and entered the dimly lit living room. That's where he found you, lying on the sofa hopelessly scrolling through Instagram reels. He glanced at the clock on the wall and saw that it was half past one a.m. He wondered how long you've been here.

Quietly, he approached the couch and settled down beside you. Instantly aware of his presence, you put your phone aside and shifted your attention toward him.

"Hey," he spoke softly. You gave him a small smile in response.

"Hey."

"You doing alright?" Mark couldn't help but ask, concern evident in his voice. He knew staying up late wasn't out of the norm for you. But he noticed you acting distant lately as if you were keeping something to yourself.

"Yes—" you started to answer, before stopping yourself. "No, not really."

Suppressing your feelings had become such a habit for you, that pretending to be fine was practically a habit of yours. But after several deep discussions about this, Mark made you promise to be honest with him about your emotions. He didn't want you to isolate yourself in the darkness.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

His innocent question caused hundreds of thoughts to cloud your mind, and you found yourself beginning to drown in them once more. Seeing the love pouring out of his eyes stirred an indescribable emotion within you.

A deep sigh left you. "I can't right now, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I understand," Mark quickly said, not wanting you to apologize. Although he was worried, he recognized that you would come to him about what was bothering you when you were ready.

But still, that didn't stop him from asking, "Is there...anything I can do for you?"

You stared at him for a moment, feeling tears well up in your eyes from the sudden surge of emotions inside you. But the last thing you wanted was to break down and cry.

Right now, you just wanted to take your mind off of things.

"Just...stay here with me?" Your voice trembled slightly.

And that was all Mark needed to hear. He gently wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer to him. You felt yourself relaxing into his embrace, resting your head on his chest. Hugs from Mark were incredibly comforting. You cherished the way he would instinctively squeeze you tighter when you were feeling anxious.

"Thank you," you whispered gratefully.

In response, he tenderly placed a chaste kiss on your forehead. "I'm always here for you, baby."

His simple act of affection and sincere words were all you needed to be reassured. At that moment, you realized that Mark was your anchor amidst life's turbulence. No matter how crazy things were around you, you could always rely on him who was forever unchanging with his kind heart and unwavering support. You just knew that he was the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.

°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°