Cute | Haechan Imagine #9

Title: Cute

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: none really

Word Count: 668

Author's Note: I can clearly envision Haechan in a scenario like this. To be honest he's one of my favorite members from 7Dream to write for, and I'm glad to post more content of him on this blog. I'm sorry this imagine is kinda short and I personally don't think it's that great. But it was coming up with the idea was still fun. Hope you guys like it ^ ^

‧₊˚ ✩°。⋆♡ ⋆˙⟡♡ ⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆。°✩˚₊‧

"You fell for me because I was cute?!"

The incredulity in his tone prompted you to blink in confusion, putting a brief pause to the mindless play with Haechan's fingers. You sat nestled at the edge of the couch, cozied up between his legs as your back was supported by his steadily rising chest.

Your head turned slightly to meet his equally bewildered gaze. The expression he wore resembled that of someone who had just been deeply offended. This wasn't exactly the reaction you anticipated when answering how you came to develop feelings for your boyfriend.

"Is that a problem?" you asked him skeptically. The male scratched his head with a sheepish smile on his face.

"No, I'm just surprised," he replied, extending his hand to gesture with his fingers."So let me get this straight. You didn't like me for being handsome, cool, smart, or even funny. Instead, it was because I was cute?"

A soft chuckle escaped you, now amused by how he was in such disbelief. You sat up a little to face him better, so you could explain. "Well if we're talking about first impressions, I found you kind of annoying because you were loud and joked around a lot."

"Hey—" he started to protest before you held your pointer finger up to signal you had more to say.

"But I think it was the day you came alone to the cafê I was working at," you continued, trying to recall the memory. "And remember how you got a brain freeze because you drank the smoothie I made for you too quickly? I don't know, I just thought you looked cute."

The boy beside you then covered his face with his hands, muttering, "Okay now that's just embarrassing."

Out of all his noteworthy moments that could have sparked interest in him, it was the one where he looked like an idiot.

You suppressed a chuckle, and gently brought his hands into yours. "Wait, I'm not finished yet."

His deep brown eyes met yours, brimming with a blend of innocence and sulkiness. Gosh, he was even more endearing when he wasn't trying to be. A warm smile stretched across your lips.

"It took about three months into our relationship for me to figure out that I loved you," you admitted softly, nervously playing with his fingers again. "I realized that we're both kind of emotionally closed off to people around us. But neither of us is afraid to be vulnerable with each other."

Haechan could see the sparkle in your eyes as you expressed your fondness for him, and suddenly his eyes also glistened with emotion.

"What is this? You weren't supposed to get so serious," he chuckled nervously.

A faint blush appeared across your cheeks, as you wiped the first tear from his cheek. Honestly, your heartstrings were also being tugged as you reminisced the memory of falling in love with Haechan.

"It's true though. I'm so blessed to have you in my life, Hyuck."

The tenderness in your voice only heightened his emotions. Sighing, he leaned his head back on the couch, trying to stop the tears from flowing. "Baby, if you say one more sweet thing, I might just burst," he joked.

You couldn't help but laugh at his dramatics, the warmth continuing to fill the atmosphere. Gently, you brought his face to your level and planted a soft peck on his lips.

"Was that okay?" you asked playfully, already anticipating the teasing you were about to receive from him.

Unexpectedly, however, Haechan blinked at you for a few seconds as if he were in a daze. Then without further hesitation, he pulled you closer and crashed you into a longer, hungrier kiss that poured out all the love and emotion he felt in that moment. As you melted into each other's embrace, you were once again reassured that the two of you were meant for each other.

Sigh. Haechan really was the cutest.

‧₊˚ ✩°。⋆♡ ⋆˙⟡♡ ⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆˙⟡♡⋆。°✩˚₊‧