Waiting | Dream Reaction #13

Reaction: when their gf wants to save sex for marriage

Genre: Um mostly fluff

Warnings: slightly suggestive, making out in Jeno's, and mentions of sex (but nothing graphic)

Word Count: ~2.9k

Author's Note: I feel like it's been so long since I wrote a Dream reaction. The following scenario was a request. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant about doing it because I know this concept isn't that popular today. However, it is a personal value I hold, and I'm not trying to impose it on those who have different opinions. But it is something I've always secretly wanted to write about. So here you go, I hope you like it ^ ^

~ ~ ~

mark

After being under the weather for weeks now, Mark thought it was time to get you checked up. That was how you found yourself sitting in a pristine white room on a Monday morning. You scanned the room anxiously, nervously drumming your fingers against the chair's armrest. However, the nerves you were feeling calmed down a little when Mark placed his hand on top of yours.

Finally the door creaked open, and the doctor exchanged polite greetings with the two of you. Taking a seat at her computer, the doctor ran through the customary procedure of inquiring about your symptoms and any recent changes in lifestyle.

"Have you two been sexually active recently?" the doctor asked, causing a slight shift in the atmosphere.

Heat instantly rose to your cheeks as you turned to your boyfriend with a surprised glance.

"Oh—no, we haven't even..." Your voice trailed off, almost as if you were too flustered to finish your sentence.

The doctor nodded understandingly and moved on to the next question. Once the check-up was finished, she just advised you to get some more rest and take some time off work to recover.

Back in the car, you and Mark burst into awkward laughter, finding humor in the unexpected nature of that encounter.

"I was so embarrassed," you cried, covering your face, "I thought I was going to die back there."

Mark laughed along, "Yeah me too. I don't know why I was so surprised when she asked us that."

A brief silence hung in the air as Mark steadied his hand on the wheel, and you gazed out of the car window. Although you believed you handled the situation reasonably, some more serious thoughts lingered in your mind. Even though it's only been a few months since you two started dating, the doctor's question made you realize that you hadn't discussed the subject before.

"Speaking of though," you said, broaching the topic cautiously. "I actually want to save sex for marriage."

You were already bracing yourself for a negative reaction when Mark didn't respond right away. But then he shrugged nonchalantly and said, "Okay."

"Really?" You stared at him wide-eyed. "You're okay with it?"

Mark nodded thoughtfully, "I mean, I can't say it's going to be easy. But if waiting is important to you, then it's important to me too."

A wave of relief washed over you, comforted now that this conversation went a lot smoother than you had anticipated.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that," you said, a smile lighting up your face.

Mark reached over to squeeze your hand. "No problem, babe."

In his mind, it really wasn't a big deal. He definitely planned on marrying you someday, so he saw it as something to look forward to in your future together.