Smitten | Jaemin Imagine #7

Title: Smitten

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: tooth-rotting fluff that might make you want to throw up

Word Count: 594

Author's Note: Just another idea that came to my head. My inner romantic tends to take over whenever I write stories like this. Then when you combine that with Jaemin, it's kinda hard to stop me lol. Anyway, I hope you guys like it. Thank you for reading ^ ^

∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘

The gentle aroma of vanilla-scented candles, combined with the inviting coziness of your living room, enveloped you and Jaemin in a relaxing embrace. Nestled in the corner of the sofa, both of you found a comfortable position, arms, and legs entangled with one another. Your head rested against his chest, allowing you to feel the steady rhythm of his heartbeat, while his fingers delicately caressed your hair. As you cuddled, your attention was drawn to the phone in your hand, as you scrolled through the cherished moments captured in your photo gallery.

"Remember this one when we saw the cherry blossom trees?" You showed him the selfie you had taken of you two surrounded by the pink flowers.

Jaemin chuckled as he admired the picture alongside you. "Your eyes look like they're about to burst with joy in that photo."

Amidst laughter, your thumb glided over the remaining photos. As you ventured to the latter segment of your gallery, Jaemin's gaze widened in surprise upon encountering an array of images featuring him—from electrifying concerts to captivating photoshoots, even selfies he had shared on social media.

"You save all of these?" Jaemin turned to you with a curious look.

A delicate hue of crimson rushed to your cheeks as if you had been unexpectedly caught doing something you weren't supposed to. Feeling a touch of embarrassment, your eyes stayed anchored to your phone screen.

"It's just this habit I have whenever I find a picture of you online," you shrugged. "Sometimes I just like something to look at when you're away."

Recognition swiftly lit up Jaemin's eyes, a sense of understanding dawning upon him. Your words had an instant effect, gently warming his heart. The reassurance that you held him in your thoughts mirrored his sentiments toward you—a comforting reciprocity he cherished.

A soft smile graced your lips as you casually swiped to the subsequent photo taken by a fan. "And how can I not when my boyfriend has a smile that could light up the whole room?"

Observing the love brimming in your eyes as you admired the image overwhelmed Jaemin's heart with this delightful tingly sensation. You glanced up from your phone and met his affectionate gaze.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" you asked, a renewed blush on your cheeks.

Unable to take his eyes off you, he leaned in until the two of you were mere inches apart.

"You are so adorable," Jaemin whispered before closing the remaining distance between the two of you.

His hand gently cradled the side of your face, guiding your lips into a slow, tender kiss. Your eyelids fluttered shut as your fingers instinctively threaded through the nape of his neck. Surrendering to the moment, you savored the softness of his lips against your own.

You were the one to pull away first, not wanting to get too carried away. Jaemin still had that lovesick grin on his face that almost made you want to smack him. Bubbling giggles erupted from both of you, as you seamlessly eased back into your previous cuddling embrace.

"I love you," he murmured into your hair.

Smiling, you squeezed him a little tighter. "I love you too."

Na Jaemin stirred a whirlwind of emotions within you. Although your mind sometimes tried to trick you otherwise, what you had with Jaemin was real and extraordinary. You were so lucky to have him in your life, and he never hesitated to ensure you knew that he felt the same way about you.

∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘