First ILY | Dream Headcanon #9

Title: The First "I Love You"

Genre: Fluff, slight angst

Warnings: mentions of a mental breakdown

Word Count: 1547k

Author's Note: I wrote this surprisingly a lot faster than I thought I would. For this, I tried to mix it up a bit of who says it first. As a short disclaimer, I used the Korean term for "I love you" for Jaemin. I just really wanted to show how I envisioned this if that makes sense? Anyway, hope you guys enjoy ^ - ^

Also, I know it's a bit late to say this. But Happy 6th Anniversary to our Dreamies~!

~ ~ ~

MARK

After a few months into the relationship, Mark started saying it. Whether on text, a call, or when he was leaving for somewhere. You felt your heart tighten every time he said it because you didn't have the courage to say it back. Love wasn't an easy thing for you. In fact, you were a bit intimidated by it. Mark knew this and was very understanding.

"I don't mean to pressure you, (Y/n)-ah," He'd say. "I just want you to know."

But as time passed, you became more adjusted to being in a healthy relationship. You knew that Mark would never hurt you, and your feelings seemed to grow every time you were together. At one point, how could you not say it?

So one day, the two of you were saying goodbye to each other after a date. You had been so nervous, trying to work up the courage to say it all day. But you found the opportunity at this time.

"I love you. Text me when you get home, okay?"

You smiled and nodded in response, "I will. Love you too."

Mark nearly didn't notice that you had said those words. He'd blink a few times, wondering if he heard you correctly.

"What did you say?"

"I said I love you too," You said, trying to sound more confident.

A mix of relief and appreciation would wash over Mark. You held on to his jacket as he hugged you tightly.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to say that," You'd say. But Mark would be so reassuring.

"That doesn't matter to me. All I care about is you feeling safe and happy."

✎__________________________________________________________

RENJUN

The outside was all gloomy and gray because of the rain. But Renjun didn't let the weather ruin the mood. The two of you were cuddled up on the couch, drinking hot chocolate and having a movie marathon.

As the second movie was playing, Renjun glanced at you now and then. He just loved these small moments with you. Where the two of you were leaning into each other, and occasionally sharing laughs. The television became background noise for him, as all he could think about was you. After some contemplating, he would gently nudge you.

"(Y/n)-ah."

"Hm?" You gradually shifted your attention away from the screen to him.

"There's something I need to tell you," He said, gesturing for you to come closer.

You looked at him with slight hesitation, unable to read his expression. Nonetheless, you leaned in and he covered his mouth to whisper in your ear.

"I love you."