I Think It's Love | Renjun Fic #1

Title: I Think It's Love

Genre: Fluff with slight angst

Warnings: subtle mentions of reader being insecure in the beginning

Word Count: 1496k

Author's Note: Uh, am I crazy for posting at such a crazy hour (it's almost 1 am a the time I'm posting this), considering the fact I have two finals literally tomorrow? Most likely yes. But that's what anxiety does to you lol. Also, I'm just a sucker for romance, and I think Renjun embodies that really well. So I hope you guys like this. Thank you for reading ^ - ^

Also, the title was somewhat inspired by Taemin's song. And I apologize if this is poorly edited.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚: *✧・゚: *✧・゚

Every so often, Renjun's eyes drifted to the black and white clock on the back wall of the rehearsal room. Usually, he was so focused on memorizing their choreography, especially when new moves came into play. But today, his mind kept wandering to something else. Even his members noticed the boy was more distracted than usual.

"Hyung, you've been checking the clock for the past half hour," Jisung nudged the male, looking slightly concerned.

Mark was next to speak out. "Yeah, what's up with you man?"

Renjun hesitated for a moment, unsure of whether he should answer honestly. But he was never one to beat around the bush.

"(Y/n) gets off of work soon, and I was thinking about going to see her," He confided.

The Dreamie's ears perked up at the mention of a girl's name. "(Y/n)? You mean the café girl?" Chenle asked incredulously.

Renjun felt a flush of embarrassment rise to his cheeks and the urge to hit the younger boy for talking in such a loud tone. Of course, the other boys were quick to ask more questions.

"Oh?" Haechan's eyebrows raised at his friend. "Does our Renjun-i have a little crush?"

The young singer groaned as Jaemin and Jeno chuckled in the background. He shot them an icy glare.

"It's not like that," He protested half-heartedly. Of course, he was only lying for the sake of his pride.

Over the past couple of months, Renjun spent more and more time with you. When you guys first met, you had been so timid. The first few times he stopped by the café, you had been so hesitant to engage with him. You could only offer a passive greeting before asking what he'd like to order. He picked up on how your gaze remained fixated on the touchscreen cash register, almost as if you were afraid you would break if you made direct eye contact with him.

While other customers might get annoyed with such a meek person. But Renjun was rather drawn to your reserved nature. He was so used to being around his members who were quite loud and boisterous. You, on the other hand, acted in complete contrast, exuding a mysterious aura that intrigued him.

So gradually, Renjun put in more effort to be friendly to her when he came to order his regular coffee. He started with polite questions, asking how your day was. From there, he would occasionally compliment your hairstyle or the cute sweaters you always wore.

Eventually, Renjun could feel you warming up to him. Initially, he just saw you as a younger sister he felt oddly protective of. But he began to feel different as he got to know you more. Your shared interests in food and music, as well as your life values, revealed a lot to him about who you were as a person. Renjun concluded it was the first time you opened up to him when he officially fell for you.