Burden | Dream Reaction #11

Reaction: When their gf feels like a burden to them

Genre: Hurt/comfort

Warnings: mentions of anxiety, dark thoughts, mental health issues

Word Count: 3593k

Author's Note: This reaction was requested by an anon, which I am very grateful for. I feel like the theme for this reaction is pretty common in my stories. So I tried my best to come up with different scenarios and not sound too repetitive. Writing this story made me think of how all the members of NCT Dream are such sweethearts, honestly. I hope you guys like this and please feel free to request more! Thank you for reading ^ ^

~ ~ ~

MARK

Lately, there's been this growing distance between you and Mark. You hated yourself for feeling this way because Mark was nothing short of the perfect boyfriend. He treated you with kindness and respect. He didn't hesitate to show his feelings for you and cared for you in ways that no one else in your life has.

But you were someone who carried a lot of insecurities. Frequently, you found yourself pondering if you were truly worthy of Mark's affection. He was constantly busy with his back-and-forth schedules between 127 and Dream. Yet he still made the time to call you and ask how your day went. You felt like you didn't deserve him.

One evening, you were engaging in a deep conversation with Taeyong at the 127 dorm. As the leader figure of the group, you sometimes found yourself confiding in the male when it came to concerns about your relationship. Unbeknownst to you, Mark happened to be present at the dorm that evening, and as he walked down the hallway, he overheard your voice drifting from the living room.

"I don't know...Mark is so sweet and loving," you spoke with uncertainty, as you held a couch pillow close to your chest."Sometimes I can't help but feel like I'm a burden to him."

He observed Taeyong place a comforting hand on your shoulder. "(Y/n), you're an amazing girlfriend and Mark cares about you a lot. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself," he tried to reassure you.

You let out a sigh, "I know...but I just can't shake the feeling that I'll never be good enough for him."

Mark genuinely had no idea you were feeling this way. He'd stay up the rest night, replaying your words in his head. You were so important to Mark, and he couldn't bear the thought of his life without you. Knowing that you felt so insecure saddened him deeply.

A few days later you received a text from Mark, asking you to meet him at the studio. The message felt somewhat random, but you headed to his company building, unsure of what to expect.

When you walked into the studio, Mark was sitting on the sofa with a guitar in hand. At first, you were confused until his fingers began strumming to a familiar tune.

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shinin'. Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying," he sang softly. "She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day."

You couldn't help but laugh, finding it almost surreal that Mark Lee was serenading you with a Bruno Mars song. But the charming smile on his lips didn't leave as he finished the first verse.

"Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her, she won't believe me.

And it's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see."

His fingers continued to strum the instrument as he stood up and walked up to you, singing the chorus with heartfelt emotion.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing I would change. Cause you're amazing, just the way you are." He gazed into your eyes, singing the lyrics with such love and admiration. "And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile. Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are."