Belong | Mark Imagine #5

Title: Belong

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: nothing really

Word Count: 610

Author's Note: This is part two of the previous Mark story I posted a while ago. It's unnecessary to read the first part to understand this one, but you can still check it out if you haven't. But yeah, I'm happy to be posting more for Mark since I don't very often. Hope you guys like it and thank you for reading ^ ^

°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°

In the cozy warmth of Mark's living room, the vanilla-scented candles you had bought him a while ago were neatly arranged on the coffee table, casting a gentle glow that added a layer of intimacy to the atmosphere. Following a day of long classes and the subsequent hours dedicated to studying, you both lounged comfortably on his couch, nestled in each other's embrace.

Throughout the year, you had fallen into a routine of driving back to his apartment after school to study. Unlike some people, the two of you managed to get a decent amount of work done, if not completely most of the time. But once the two-hour mark was reached, cuddling sessions became inevitable.

Mark always tried to savor these moments with you. Lying on the couch with you, one arm wrapped around your waist, while your head rested on his steadily rising chest. He couldn't help but reflect on how far the two of you had come since that cold day in the parking lot. At first, you weren't completely ready to let him. But through patient conversations and shared insecurities, you gradually opened up to him fully. Slowly, you found yourself becoming happier with him by your side.

With a playful glint in his eyes, he fondly reminisced about that day and couldn't resist bringing it up to you. "You know," he began, the corners of his lips upturned into a teasing smile. "I was just thinking about the first time we officially talked."

Your cheeks flushed as the memory resurfaced in your mind. That was definitely not your best moment, and you had hoped Mark had forgotten about it. Unfortunately, much to your dismay, he hadn't.

Instinctively, you buried your face further into his chest. "Ugh, please don't remind me. I must've looked like a crazy person."

Mark chuckled softly, his fingers running through your hair. Crazy isn't the word I'd use to describe you. I'd say you were more breathtaking, even in tears."

"You're just saying that to make me feel better," you cringed in embarrassment.

He pressed a kiss to the top of your head. "No, I mean it. In fact, I fell in love with you that day."

"Oh... really?" You glanced up at him in slight surprise.

About a month after that fateful day, Mark officially asked you to be his girlfriend. However, even during that interim period as just friends, both of you knew that your relationship was bound to change. You believed that you were the first to fall, as his emotional support that day had made you grow attached to him over time. So, discovering that he fell for you first came as news to you.

Mark nodded, his eyes soft and filled with affection. "Yeah, I saw strength in your vulnerability and it drew me in. Seeing you made me want to become someone you could lean on."

Blushing once more, you subconsciously played with his fingers. "Well, I'm grateful you didn't turn away from the girl crying on the street. I don't know what I did to deserve someone as sweet and kind as you."

"You didn't have to do anything to deserve it. Sometimes, you just meet someone, and everything falls into place," Mark replied, simply. "I'm lucky that happened to us."

The two of you locked eyes for a moment before he tenderly cupped your face and leaned in for a kiss. Your lips met in a gentle dance, a silent acknowledgment of the love that had blossomed between you. Cradled in each other's embrace, both of you came to the profound realization that you had discovered where you truly belonged.

°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°∞°•°♪°∞°