Right Here

Title: Right Here

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: Slight mention of being insecure

Word Count: 599

Author's Note: I have somehow brought myself out of my writer's block. This is just a small thing, so I don't think I have enough motivation to post more. But I at least wanted to do something. I hope you guys like this short imagine with our Renjun-i~! ^ - ^

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

"Is there something wrong with me?"

Renjun glanced up from what he was doing, caught off guard by your question.

"Why are you asking that all of a sudden?"

You didn't make eye contact with him and flipped your phone over.

"It's just..." You started to say, momentarily debating whether you should cut yourself off right then and there.

You and Renjun have been friends for a while now. He was the person you consider yourself to be closest to. Despite that, there were still some things you were reluctant about sharing with him. Especially because you harbored secret feelings for him. However, you had convinced yourself that they were one-sided and never acted upon them.

"You can tell me. I won't judge." He smiled at you reassuringly.

The softness in his expression made your heart feel fuzzy. With his encouragement, you parted your lips to speak again.

"It's just, all my friends have boyfriends now and they seem so happy. Somehow I'm the only one who still hasn't even been in a relationship with anyone."

Renjun crossed his arms and leaned back on the couch. "Those things come later for some people. We're still young, (Y/n)-ah."

"I know. I'm so stupid for thinking about this stuff," You muttered. "But I can't help but think that there's something wrong with me."

"What makes you think that?" Renjun almost laughed. However, he was slightly surprised to hear you tell him this. You weren't usually so open about expressing your true thoughts.

You shrugged. "No guy has bothered to ask me out."

"That doesn't mean you haven't gotten anyone's attention. Maybe someone has been admiring you from afar," Renjun said, attempting to give a subtle hint.

Truthfully, he's had feelings for you for some time now. He had thought he had shown you some signs. But clearly, you hadn't noticed any of them. You were too caught up in your insecurities.

"And why would they?" Your voice faltered. "There's nothing special about me. I'm too introverted, I'm not that smart, nor am I very pretty—"

That was it for Renjun. After some brief hesitation, he placed a hand on the back of your neck and brought you to meet his lips. As if you were some girl in a K-drama, your eyes bugged out at the initial shock of his mouth moving against yours.

"Wha-what was that for?!" You looked at him as if he was crazy when he pulled away. Your cheeks were burning red and your heart was beating rapidly.

"I couldn't sit and listen to you talk about yourself like that," Renjun said plainly. "For your information, I've liked you for a while. I thought you would've picked up by now."

You blinked at the boy, baffled. Not only had he taken your first kiss, but he also confessed! It was almost as if you were dreaming.

"I—I didn't know you also felt that way," You lowered your gaze. Renjun smiled at how shy you had become. He thought you were the cutest.

"You are smart and pretty. I like that you're an introvert and there's so much more I like about you," He took your hand in his, causing you to look him in the eyes. "And I would really like to be your boyfriend if you accept."

You could tell he was being sincere, and you really couldn't turn him down. The slight grin stretched across your lips was a good enough answer for Renjun. He leaned in for another kiss, and this time you kissed back.

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●