Hold Him Close | Haechan Imagine #1

Title: Hold Him Close

Genre: Slight angst, slight fluff

Warnings: a very tired Haechan :(

Word Count: 597

Author's Note: I've seen some people write stories similar, and I'm really glad people are using their creativity to do that. I'm sure a lot of you are also upset with how overworked Mark and Haechan have been lately. As pissed off as I am about the situation, I wanted to write this story for him. I wish I could do more to show my support and wish for them to get some rest. As of now, I'm afraid this is all I can do. Thank you for reading ^ - ^

─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─

After the fifth yawn, you started to think that staying up until two a.m. to work on homework for the university wasn't the best idea. You sighed and glanced over the papers of notes scattered around the coffee table. For the past few hours, you've been sitting in the same spot working on several assignments for different classes. Now you are down to your last drop of energy. Strangely, you were not bothered by that. Despite the lack of sleep, you appreciated the cozy silence of your studio apartment.

The doorbell buzzed just as you were contemplating whether to retire for the night. You didn't even need to look at the camera monitor to know who it was. Springing up from your seat on the floor, you quickly crossed the room to answer the door.

As soon as you let him in, he practically collapsed onto you.

"Hyuck?" Your voice was a mix of surprise and slight worry. He snuggled into your neck, taking in your scent and warmth. You decided to refrain from asking questions and wrapped your arms around his waist.

Neither of you said anything and stayed in this position for a few minutes. Haechan didn't know what to expect when he showed up at your place at such a crazy hour. He wasn't even sure you were awake when he finished his schedule half an hour ago. All he knew was that he wanted to see you.

Eventually, you pulled away and cupped the tired boy's face in your hands. Seeing the messy hair and dark circles under his eyes triggered a renewed emotion of outrage. Usually, you hold that feeling back. But you've seen Haechan in an exhausted state too many times to count. A part of you wanted to march up to the SM building and tell off the company for overworking your boyfriend.

"Aish, I hate seeing you like this."

The heartbreak in your tone, made his heart ache too. His left hand reached to intertwine with yours that rested on his cheek. He looked into your eyes which had become glossy from angry tears that threatened to fall any second. Feelings of guilt arose in his chest. He didn't mean to make you worry.

"It's okay, Jagiya. Work gets tiring sometimes, but I can handle it." His words did little to put you at ease and he knew it.

He then leaned forward to press a soft kiss on your forehead. Being in your presence alone made him feel so much better. As if he could take on anything the world threw at him.

"I'm sorry for coming in like this. But I could really use your cuddles right now," He said, still managing to smile through all this.

He didn't need to tell you twice. After removing his shoes, you brought him to lie down in bed together. Final exams, projects, and work were momentarily forgotten. Donghyuck held you close to him, his chin resting atop your head. While your fingers gently stroked his back, hoping to help him sleep faster.

Just before sleep overtook you both, he made sure to whisper, "I love you, (Y/n). Thank you for being with me."

A dozen emotions filled you all at once. So many things that you wanted to say. Instead, you returned his forehead kiss from earlier and gave the response he needed to hear.

"I love you too, Donghyuck. Forever and always."

─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─