Loved | Haechan Imagine #4

Title: Loved

Genre: Fluff, slight angst (but not really)

Warnings: none

Word Count: 949

Author's Note: Someone requested this, and I really enjoyed writing it. So thank you to the anon that did! I like getting the opportunity to show Haechan's mature side. While he is our cute sunshine, I can tell based on videos that he thinks a lot about others and is really sweet. Anyway, hope you guys like this. Thank you for reading ^ ^

─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─

Dance practice wrapped up just as the evening set in, granting Haechan the rest of the night to himself. Of course, he didn't want to squander this chance to see you. It felt like ages since the last time he got to spend quality time with you. The daily text messages and voice calls didn't quite satisfy his longing to be by your side.

You certainly weren't expecting anyone to visit tonight. But you were quite delighted to be greeted by the tan-skinned boy wearing a gray hoodie that almost concealed his freshly washed hair. Haechan opened his arms with a tired smile and you happily walked into his warm embrace.

He exhaled, burying his face into your neck, taking in the pleasant scent of green tea from the shampoo you used. No matter how exhausted he felt, you always provided him with the utmost comfort. He would stay in this position forever if he could. However, just as Haechan was relaxing into the hug, he felt your stomach grumble softly.

Haechan frowned and pulled away from the hug. "(Y/n), when was the last time you had a meal?"

You hesitated for a moment, your mind racing to find an excuse. The intensity of his gaze was slightly intimidating and he looked just about ready to scold you.

"Well, you know I don't usually eat breakfast. But I was planning to grab lunch after my class!" You started to explain sheepishly. "Then we got this assignment that I just really wanted to get done. So I came back here to work on it, and then...I got caught up in other homework."

Your eyes pleaded desperately for him not to overreact, but the expression on Haechan's face indicated otherwise. Nonetheless, you still wanted to persuade your overprotective boyfriend that this wasn't a big deal.

"Hyuck, there's really nothing to worry about! I'm not even that hungry," you laughed nervously.

Of course just as you said that, your stomach erupted in another small fit of growls. Your face turned as red as a tomato as Haechan exhaled heavily.

"I think your stomach disagrees with you, babe," he teased, taking your hand. "Come on, we're going out to eat. It'll be my treat!"

"Hyuck, you really don't need to–," you tried to refuse.

But Haechan fully planned on ignoring your protests. "No excuses (Y/n). I won't take no for an answer. Let's go out and enjoy a meal together."

He was giving you that intense look again, and you couldn't argue. With a defeated sigh, you slipped on your sneakers and allowed Haechan to lead you out of your apartment. That's how you ended up seated at a cozy barbecue restaurant, with Haechan confidently using tongs to grill the meat across from you.

Your gaze remained fixed on his skilled movements as he lifted a piece of pork belly with his chopsticks and carefully arranged it on a leaf of lettuce. With precision, he added a little bit of soybean paste before folding it into a neat bundle and offering it to you.

"Ah," he ordered, looking more determined than ever.

Reluctantly, you complied, allowing him to gently feed the perfectly crafted wrap into your waiting mouth. Haechan smiled in satisfaction as he watched you eat.

"That's my girl," he cheered.

You rolled your eyes in response, even though you weren't annoyed with him at all. Haechan was probably burnt out from work, and he certainly wasn't responsible for your bad eating habits. Regardless, he took matters into his own hands and made such a touching gesture.

"You didn't have to do all this," you mumbled, glancing down at your bowl of rice.

Haechan smiled warmly, "Of course I did. If my girlfriend neglects herself, it's my job to make sure she stays healthy."

"Ugh, why are you such a sweetheart?" you blurted without thinking.

However, you couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by his kindness. You had a feeling that not many people saw this side of Haechan. Not the outgoing side that poked fun at people and got on everyone's nerves. But the sweet and caring side of him, that was always looking out for those he loved.

Haechan chuckled, his eyes filled with gentle amusement. "Baby, you're not going to cry, are you?"

"No," you answered, your voice soft but resolute, even as tears welled up in your eyes. It's just... not many people cared for you the way Haechan did.

The male sensed your vulnerability and reached across the table to take your hand in his.

Gently caressing it, he whispered, "You do stuff like this all the time for me, you know."

The once lighthearted expression on his face shifted into a more earnest one.

"But it's because we love each other, and we never want to see one of us hurt," he said firmly.

His words brought a smile to your lips, and you returned the gentle squeeze to his hand.

"You're right," you sighed. "I guess when you think about it, we do have something special."

If the two of you weren't in a public setting, Haechan might have leaned across the table to capture those lovely lips with his own. Yet, he restrained his impulses and instead opted to pick up another piece of meat to offer you. This time, you accepted without hesitation, a gentle flutter in your heart threatening to erupt into a giggle.

You could certainly consider this as one of those moments when Lee Haechan managed to make you fall for him all over again.

─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─