Breakdowns | Dream Reaction #8

Reaction: When their gf has a mental breakdown

Genre: Angst, slight fluff

Warnings: mentions of mental breakdowns, anxiety, and other mental health stuff

Word Count: 2636k

Author's Note: I know I've written scenarios similar to this. But someone on my most recent post for Jeno left a comment saying I should make an imagine version. So I thought decided to just try it. Because who doesn't love mental breakdowns? On the serious side, I really hope you have someone in your life who is there for you during hard times. Thank you for reading ^ - ^

~ ~ ~

MARK

Mark and you were different but similar at the same time. You tend to approach things with logic and pessimism. On the other hand, he was more optimistic and expressive with his thoughts. But you were similar in the sense that you were both workaholics. Sometimes you chastised him about overworking. But deep down, you knew you were a hypocrite because you did the same thing.

Lately, you've been having trouble balancing college and your part-time job at a bakery. There's been drama with the upper management. As a result, people were getting frustrated and quitting. Your boss was also asking you to do things that were beyond your pay grade.

Since you were young, you formed this habit of letting stress pile up. Which obviously wasn't healthy, but you've grown used to it. When the load got too heavy, an explosion was quick to follow.

Mark witnessed this for the first time when you came home from another late night. He had let himself into your apartment after his schedule for the day. When he heard the front door being unlocked, he quickly greeted you.

"Hey Babe, how was work?"

You stared at your boyfriend momentarily, too tired to respond to his question. So you walked into his embrace. Your nose pressed against his gray hoodie, as your arms circled his waist to hug him.

Mark was a little taken aback because you rarely initiated affection. He became more concerned when he felt something wet on his hoodie. That was when he realized you were...crying.

"(Y/n)?"

You didn't respond and let the tears fall. Your body slowly started to tremble. Nothing particularly awful happened to make you cry. Things just got to be too much, and you didn't have the strength to hold yourself together anymore.

Luckily, Mark reacted quickly. Honestly, he was a little scared because he's never seen you like this before. But he hugged you tightly, deciding that was what you needed right now.

Moments later, you pulled away and looked up at him with red eyes and wet cheeks. Your eyes widened in panic at the tear stains you left on his shirt.

"I-I'm so sorry," You cursed, still a little shaky. "I didn't mean to—"

He cut you off by taking your hand. "That's not what I'm worried about."

After helping you clean up, he brought you to your bedroom to lie down. There, he got you to talk about what's been bothering you. His arms wrapped securely around your waist.

"Don't feel like you have to keep in all that, okay?" He said later. "I know I get busy, but you're important to me. I don't want you struggling on your own."

"Thank you...and I'm sorry again," You mumbled, playing with his fingers.

He responded with a kiss on the crown of your head. "Don't be. I love you, (Y/n)-ah."