Confession | Jaemin Imagine #1

Title: Confession

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: None

Word Count: 676

Author's Note: This was the first thing I wrote when I got into nct dream. Thank you for reading!

♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡

It was your freshman year of college when you met Na Jaemin for the first time. A friend had introduced you to him. At first, you were a bit overwhelmed by his presence. He was an attractive guy with a lot more energy than you did. You used to think that he was too different from you.

But as you got to spend more time with the boy, you began to see how similar you two were. When it was just you two, you got to see his more mellow side. Not only that, but Jaemin was kind. He was possibly one of the kindest people you've ever encountered.

In the beginning, you tried to deny it a million times. But you couldn't stop yourself from falling for the boy. But there was no way that you would ever admit it out loud. You doubted Jaemin felt the same as you did. He was a good friend that you didn't want to lose. So you were okay with admiring him discreetly.

However, there was one day when you were hanging out at his dorm. His friends were out getting food, leaving just the two of you alone. Then out of the blue Jaemin popped a question.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

You looked at him in slight surprise. Why was he asking such a random question? But then again, it was Jaemin.

"No."

Jaemin's eyes widened in genuine surprise, "How?!"

"I don't know."  You shrugged. "I guess I've never been asked out by anyone before."

"But you're so beautiful," He said under his breath.

You turned around, "What?"

"What?!" He asked, bewildered by his actions. He hadn't meant to say his thoughts out loud.

"What you just said a second ago..."

Jaemin scratched his head, clearly flustered, "I-I just meant that I didn't think... someone like you has never been in a relationship."

"Is that a bad thing?" you began to feel insecure.

"No no, not at all!" Jaemin sat up and mentally facepalmed.

You only became more confused. What was he trying to say then?

The boy covered his eyes with his hands in exasperation. This was not how he wanted things to go. He had to clear things up before the situation got worse.

"Actually (Y/n)-ah, the truth is that I like you...a lot," he finally confessed.

Your eyes widened, "You...you do?"

"I know. You probably don't feel the same. But I can't handle it anymore," Jaemin pouted in frustration, "You're just so sweet and adorable. Gosh, you're even cuter than Jisung!"

A small laugh slipped past your lips as he continued to ramble. How could he say you were the cute one?

Now that you were assured that your feelings for the boy weren't one-sided, confidence filled inside you. Which led you to squish his cheeks between your hands and look into those big brown eyes of his. Your actions immediately shut him up. Then before you could second guess yourself you shyly placed a peck on his forehead.

His eyes nearly bulged out of his sockets as you pulled away with a pink tint covering your cheeks.

Struggling to look him in the eye you fidgeted with your sweater sleeve, "I-I like you too."

Jaemin was now grinning from ear to ear. He felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his chest. He had been holding in his feelings for so long now that he thought he was going to go crazy.

He cupped your face with his hands and leaned in to whisper, "You're the one who did it first."

Then without any hesitation, Jaemin kissed you properly. His lips were soft and they pressed tenderly against yours. You could feel him smiling into the kiss.

And that marked the beginning of your relationship with Na Jaemin. Neither of you ever looked back.

♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡ ════ ♡