Sick | Dream Reaction #10

Reaction: When their gf is sick

Genre: Mostly Fluff

Warnings: mentions of throwing up, and pregnancy scare (nothing serious though)

Word Count: 2694k

Author's Note: I've seen other people write these types of scenarios before, so I wanted to try it out myself. My lovely friend helped me come up with ideas for this because I am not as creative as I'd like to be. Thank you for reading ^ ^

~ ~ ~

MARK

He finished his schedule earlier than expected today and decided to pay a visit to his lovely girlfriend. After being especially busy this week, Mark longed to be in your arms. He entered your apartment quietly and noticed the dim light coming from your bedroom.

That's how he found you sitting at your desk, studying your life away. But he couldn't help but be worried when he noticed you shivering.

"Baby," Mark called out.

He watched as you lifted your head from the laptop in front of you, a hint of surprise flickering across your face. You had been so engrossed in your studies that you hadn't even heard him enter the room.

"Mark? When did you get here?"

"Baby, are you okay?" He placed his hand on your shoulder.

The evident worry in his expression immediately made you feel guilty.

"I'm fine, I just have a little cold," you tried to brush him off.

Not believing you, Mark confirmed his concerns when he softly brushed his fingers against your blazing forehead.

"Baby, you are everything but fine. You need to rest," he insisted.

You hesitated and glanced back at your computer anxiously. This was an important essay that you've been working on throughout the week, and you were so close to being done with it.

"Okay, let me just finish this paragraph," you mumbled, despite how awful you felt at that moment. Your head was hammering from the lack of sleep you'd been getting, and your eyes were strained from staring at the laptop screen for hours.

Mark's eyes narrowed in determination, as he realized that he had to step in and take charge. He knew your tendency to overwork yourself when it came to your studies. But he wasn't going to sit idly by and watch you neglect yourself.

"Nope. You're taking a break right now," He ordered, decisively closing your laptop.

He then scooped you up from the chair, catching you off guard.

"Babyyy," you groaned in frustration. "I'm really fine!"

"No, you are not," Mark said affirmatively, carrying you to your bed.

He tenderly tucked you in under the blankets, ensuring you were comfortable, before laying down beside you. Placing a hand on your flushed cheek, Mark looked into your eyes with an abundance of love.

"I know how much you care about your grades," he whispered softly. "But your health is more important, babe."

You frowned as all the things you had to get done lingered in your mind. But you were secretly grateful for Mark getting you to lie down, knowing that you needed this. Sighing, you nestled your head in the crook of his neck.