Stress | Haechan Imagine #3

Title: Stress

Genre: Angst, slight fluff

Warnings: mentions of stress, and (yes another) mental breakdown.

Word Count: 383

Author's Note: Thank you to the anon who requested this! Initially, this was supposed to be a group reaction. But I've already made a similar post, so I didn't want to sound any more repetitive in my work than I already do. I'm also working on another reaction for 7Dream, which will take forever. So I'm sorry if this is bad lol. Thank you for reading!

─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚

The alarm clock on your dresser read 11:47 p.m. Only one person would come to your apartment at this time. You tried to collect yourself as your feet padded down the hallway to the front door.

With a shaky breath, you turned the knob and glanced up to see him in a leather jacket paired with black jeans. His messy bangs peeked out of the bucket hat he wore.

"Lee Donghyuck..." You wanted to scold him for coming straight from the airport.

Any other day you'd be over the moon to see your boyfriend, especially since he had come back from tour. You were supposed to be welcoming him with smiles, and kisses. And it wasn't that you weren't happy to see him. You just couldn't find the energy to be excited.

But when the door closed and he dropped his bag to hug you, something in you must've snapped. All the emotions you stored away this past week escaped with a vengeance. You hadn't realized how much you needed him until this moment.

Haechan was taken aback when he felt a wet spot on his right shoulder. He pulled away slightly to cup your face. He caught your tears with his thumb.

"Did you miss me that much?"

But the teasing smile he wore fell when you began to cry harder. Fearing you might collapse, Haechan kicked off his shoes and guided you to the sofa. He felt your body tremble against him.

Of course, this wasn't the first time he's seen you break down. But they've never been this bad. He wondered how much stress you've been holding in alone.

"I'm sorry!" You wept, hating yourself for being like this in front of him.

Haechan hushed you with a kiss on your lips. "It's okay. I'm here now, it's okay."

His gentle words and touch helped you to calm down. He wouldn't force you to talk right away. That was a long conversation for the next morning. Right now, Haechan's focus was comforting you with all the love he wasn't able to give while he was away.

─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚─❀*̥˚