Falling Again | Jaemin Imagine #5

Title: Falling Again

Genre: Fluff w/ slight angst

Warnings: none, really. unless you count cheesy romance

Word Count: 345

Author's Note: Just another thing I never published until now. This short story was supposed to be a part of another group's reaction to 7Dream. Regarding that, my useless brain couldn't come up with ideas for the other members. So I thought, the least I could do was post this as its own thing. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this lil Jaemin imagine. My infatuation with him is a serious problem 😅.

Thank you for reading ^ ^

∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘

Outside your apartment, the sky was gray and raindrops cascaded down the window sills. Despite the melancholic atmosphere, Jaemin and you embraced the cozy ambiance of your delightful at-home date. The original plan was to go to Hongdae for some street food. But in all honesty, being forced to stay in tonight was a mutual preference for the both of you.

That's how the two of you sought solace in the comfort of your apartment, nestled together on the sofa. You had persuaded him to watch a Studio Ghibli film, specifically "Grave of the Fireflies." Once the movie started, the two of you were instantly engrossed in the captivating animation. Few words were exchanged as you tuned into the poignant tale that weaved a tapestry of emotions.

As the final scenes unfolded, a faint sound of sniffling caught your attention. Turning your head in slight disbelief, you then noticed the tears silently streaming down your boyfriend's cheeks. Concern etched on your face, seeking to console him through a gentle nudge on the arm. His watery eyes met yours, their depths reflecting the intensity of his emotions.

With a heartfelt tone, he mumbled, "This is an incredibly sad movie."

Half expecting you to tease him, a soft smile graced your lips instead. He was caught off guard when your small hands cupped his face. You used your thumb to wipe any stray tears.

"It is sad," You quietly agreed. Tilting your chin upward, you planted a gentle peck upon his lips, a gesture of comfort and affirmation. After doing so, you snuggled closer to him which was a rare display of affection from you.

Jaemin's gaze lingered on you who refocused on the movie. Pure adoration and gratitude swelled within him. Despite your tendency to act reserved and closed off with others, your genuine care shone through the more time he spent around you. The type of care that drove you to nonjudgmentally wipe his tears when watching something sad. Yet, another perfect moment that allowed him to fall for you all over again.

∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘°∘♡∘