chapter 2

I open my eyes slowly. I furrow my brows, sitting up slowly. I get up and walk into my bedroom. "Hey, come here" I sit next to amelia as I see her crying. She hugs me.

"I miss daddy" she sniffles. "I know you do" I say. "Do you miss him?" She asks. "Of course" I whisper.

"Are you gonna move back home now?" She asks. "No, amy" I say. "But.. you're supposed to be taking care of us now" she says. "Mom is a very strong woman, she can take care of all of you" I say.

"I will take care of all of you financially.. and I'll always be there for you, but I'm not moving back home" I say. "Okay" she looks down.

"You can come over here whenever you want though ames, and I'll be getting you your own car this year too when you get your licence.. so you can just drive over" I say. She smiles.

"Is there anything I can do to cheer you up even a little bit?" I ask. She shrugs. "What about if I take you shopping? You can bring some friends too" I say. She nods enthusiastically. I chuckle softly.

"I'll take you home first so you can get ready.. just give me a second to get changed" I get up. I grab some clothes from my wardrobe and go into my bathroom.

I take her back to her house and she gets ready and calls over a couple of friends. I drive her, her friends and my other sisters to the mall.

I'm walking around with them all, holding all of their bags. This is hell but at least they're happy.

"We need the toilet" amelia says. "All of you?" I ask. "Yes" she says. I wait outside as they all go into the toilets. I groan, putting the bags down and sitting down myself.

I sit up straight, my whole mood instantly changing as I see her. The girl from yesterday. She's stood outside a Victoria secret store, looking at the lingerie through the window.

She's wearing a tight black dress, a fluffy white coat, knee length black socks with small bows on them and black shoes. A huge smile appears on my face.

I stand up, leaving all the bags outside the toilets before walking over. "I think you'd look great in that" I say, standing next to her, looking at a lacy black set.

She looks at me. "What are you, stalking me or something?" She asks. "You wish" I say. "Why would I wish to have a stalker?" She turns to face me. I'm about to reply when someone runs over.

"Oh my god, meredith?" Kathleen says. "Kathy.. hi!" She hugs her. "Oh, you know her?" I ask. "Meredith went to highschool with me" Kathleen says.

"Are you two-?" She looks at me. "I'm her brother" I say. "Oh" she says. "Oh, so.. it was your dad's funeral yesterday?" She looks at Kathleen. She nods. "I'm so sorry" she says. Kathleen smiles small.

"How did you know?" Kathleen asks. "That's where I met your wonderful brother" she says sarcastically. I grin slightly. "I came to the bar not knowing" meredith says. "Oh, I didn't see you" Kathleen says.

"Anyway, back to what I was saying.." I say. Meredith chuckles. "Derek-" she says. "You remembered my name?" I smile.

"Yeah, that probably means we should get married and live happily ever after" she says sarcastically. "I'd marry you in a heartbeat" I say. She giggles.

"We just met and already you're talking about marriage? Smooth" she says. I smile. "You brought it up" I say. "I guess I did" she says.

Kathleen has already walked away to talk to my other sisters as they come out of the toilets.

"I've met you before anyway" I say. "When?" She asks. "I remember you now.. you used to come over to our house all the time, but you wore braces and glasses In highschool" I say. She blushes hard, looking down.

"You're much prettier now" I say. She smiles. "Well I wear contacts.. and my retainer at night so my teeth are straight" she chuckles.

"I don't remember ever speaking to you, though" I say. "That's probably because you were too busy smoking in your bedroom with your friends" she says. I smile slightly, remembering those years. "Or at least that's what kathy told me" she says.

"Are you seeing anyone?" I ask. "Why would I tell you?" She smiles. "Because I asked" I say. "I'm single" she says.

"Derek!" Amelia yells, getting impatient. "One second Amy!" I say. I look back at meredith. She chuckles softly.

"Would you like to maybe get a coffee or something sometime maybe please?" I say nervously. She giggles. "I'd love to get a coffee" she says. "Really?" I smile.

"Infact I'd like to do that right now.. bye derek" she walks away. I gasp quietly. A smile creeps onto my face as I watch her. Shes unbelievable.

I walk after her. "Was that an invitation?" I ask. "It was not" she says, not even looking at me.

"Amy!" I yell, still not stopping. She runs over. "Have fun, I'm having a date with meredith" I pass her my credit card. She squeals, running away with it.

"No you are not" meredith says. "If you say so" I grin. I hold the door open for her as we walk into a coffee shop.