chapter 5

Derek's pov:
When I arrived at merediths house, I called her and she said she's coming down.

I'm stood outside her house waiting for her. My eyes widen and I chuckle as I see her climbing out of a window.

She's wearing high waisted jeans, a knitted brown cardigan and ugg boots. Her hair is wavy.

"Ow!" She whines as she falls into the bush outside her house. I laugh, walking over to her. I hold out my hand. She stands up. "Thanks" she smiles.

"What the hell" I say. She giggles. "My dad doesn't know I'm going out" she shrugs. I smile, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Hello doggy! Oh, you're so cute" she bends down to pet arlo. He barks at her, licking her face. She giggles. "He likes you" I say. She kisses his nose. "I like you too arlo" she smiles. He licks her again. She giggles.

She stands up straight. "You look beautiful" I say. She smiles brightly, blushing. "Wow, you not gonna say anything back?" I gasp playfully. She giggles. "Sorry" she says. "You should be" I say. She smiles.

She looks at my outfit. "You could've made a bit more of an effort, really" she says. "Hey!" I say. She giggles. I'm wearing a black turtle neck jumper with black trousers, a brown belt, brown loafers and a black coat.

"I'm just kidding, you look nice" she says. I smile. "You wanna?" I signal to the path behind me. "Yeah, let's go" she smiles. We start walking.

"So, you're a model?" I ask. She nods. "Would I have seen you anywhere?" I ask. "I'm just on a few magazines.. I've made the cover of a couple so maybe" she says. "I probably would've remembered" I say.

"What about you? What's does your company do?" She asks, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, looking at me. "Its pretty boring stuff" I say. "I'm a good listener" she says. I smile.

"We're a production company, so we actually produce stuff like movies, films, TV shows and.. just stuff like that" I say. "You know any famous actors?" She asks. "A couple" I say.

"I wanted to be an actor when I was younger" she says. "Yeah?" I ask. "Mhm, but then I found modelling and now I couldn't see myself doing anything else" she says. "Yeah, I can see that" I smirk slightly. She giggles, hitting me playfully.

"You like your job?" She asks. "Well, im pretty new to it.. i havent really started yet" I say. "Oh, right.. sorry" she says. "No, its okay" I say.

"I used to work close to my dad anyway, so hopefully it's not too different to that" I say.

"Its a bigger deal than it sounds.. its just a production company, but it's the biggest in the world.. and my dad built it from nothing.. if I destroy it then-" I say. "I'm sure you'll do great, derek" she says. I smile.

We soon arrive outside my apartment. I stop. "What?" She asks. "I live here" I say. "Oh" she says, looking at the place. "You wanna come in for a coffee?" I ask.

"Oh.. um" she looks down, twiddling her fingers nervously. "Just for a coffee, meredith.. promise" I say. "Okay, I guess that'd be fine" she nods. We walk in.

Arlo immedietly jumps on the couch next to her as she sits down. She pats his head. I go to the kitchen to make coffee.

"Your place is lovely, does anyone live here with you?" She asks. "Just me and arlo" I say. She smiles. I pass her the cup. "Thanks" she smiles. I pat arlo and he moves so I can sit next to her instead.

I get out my phone and scroll through it. I feel her watching me. I look up at her. "What are you doing?" She asks. I show her.

"No! Don't Google me!" She giggles, grabbing it off of me. "I wanna see your work" I say. "No you don't" she smiles, shaking her head. "Come on.. please" I say. She sighs.

She types something into my phone. She shows me. I raise my brows slightly in shock as I scroll through the pictures. "Wow" I say. She smiles.

"You're so.." I trail off. I look into her eyes. "Gorgeous" I say. Her cheeks turn pink. "Oh, no!" She grabs my phone quickly as I scroll onto a picture of her in lingerie. It's not very revealing but it's still.. wow.

"Way to ruin the fun" I say. She glares at me playfully. "That's the most revealing picture of me that you'll find by the way.. before you waste your time trying" she says.

"Really?" I ask. "Promise.. my dad would have a stroke if he found out I modeled for anything like that" she says. "Oh" I say. "Don't act so disappointed!" She giggles. I chuckle softly.

We finish our coffees. "You want me to just drive you home?" I ask. "Please, my legs kill from that walk here" she giggles as we stand up. I grab my keys.

She kneels down to arlo. "It was very nice meeting you" she kisses his nose. I smile as he licks her face and she giggles. She stands up. "Ready?" I ask. She nods and we leave.