chapter 19

"I'm just gonna call my brother to pick us up.. its too far of a walk" Kathleen whines. We decided to go on a hike and can't be bothered walking back. "Okay" I giggle.

She calls derek. "Hey, can you come and pick up me and mer?" She asks. I can't hear what he says. "Yeah, we went on a hike" she says. She looks at me.

"She's wearing a sports bra and shorts" she says. I giggle, blushing. "Why does it matter what she's wearing?" She asks. "Ew" she says.

"Oh my god, you can see her when you get here!" She yells. She puts the phone in her pocket. "So gross" she says. I grin.

He arrives about ten minutes later. He gets out of his car. "Hey" he hugs Kathleen. "Hi" she says. "Hi" he smiles at me. "Hi" I smile. He kisses me.

"You look so hot" he whispers into my ear, putting his hands on my waist. I giggle, wrapping my arms around his neck. He kisses me again.

"Can you please just drive us home?" Kathleen asks. We pull away slowly. "Yeah, get in" he opens the car door for her. She gets in the back. He opens the front door and I get in. He gets in the drivers side.

He starts driving. "Did you have a good hike?" He asks. "Yes" we both say. He entwines out fingers. I smile at him.

"Are you guys hanging out at mom's? Or do you want me to drop you off separately? You could come to mine" he smirks at me. I grin, hitting his arm lightly.

"We were gonna hang out, right?" I look back at her. She nods. "Okay, I'll drop you both off at mom's" he says. "Are you staying? So we can go back to yours after?" I ask. "Sure, I'll hang with amelia for a bit" he says.

When we arrive, me and Kathleen go to her room and derek goes to amelias.

Derek's pov:
"Hi" I sit on amelias bed next to her. "What are you doing here?" She asks. "Merediths hanging out with kathleen" I say. "Oh" she says.

"Hey, whilst you're here I wanted to ask you something" she says. "Mhm?" I look at her. "Can you buy me this please?" She shows me her phone.

"Ames, $1600 for a coat?" I scoff. "Nevermind" she says. I look at her. "No, its okay.. you can get it" I say. "Yay! You're the best" she hugs me. I smile. I order it for her. "Thankyou" she says. "You're welcome" I say.

We talk for a bit about her school and my work. A little while later, meredith walks in. "Hi amelia" she smiles. "Hi" Amy says.

"I'm ready to go if you are" she says. "Okay" I get up. "Bye" amelia says. "Bye.. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I say. She nods. I hold merediths hand and we leave.

"You have fun today?" I open the car door for her. "Yes" she gets in. I get in the drivers side. "Can I shower at your place? You have some actual shampoo there, right? Not that 3 in 1 stuff" she asks. "Have you seen my hair? Of course I do" I say. She giggles.

"And you can shower there under one condition" I say. "What's that?" She asks. I look at her. She grins. "Fine, you can join me" she says.

"Thankyou.. I was so close to taking you right then and there when I saw you in that outfit" he says. I giggle, picking up my phone as it starts ringing.

"Hello?" I answer it. "Where are you darling? I thought you were coming home today" my dad says. "Oh, hi dad" I say.

"No, I'm still at work.. I'll be back tomorrow though" I say. I told my parents that I was gonna stay away for work this week because the magazine I was shooting for was a few miles away, so it was easier to stay in a hotel. I was actually with derek.

"Oh, okay.. I just wanted to make sure you're okay" he says. "Yeah, im good" I smile. "Bye sweetheart" he says. "Bye dad" I put the phone down.

"Everything good?" Derek asks. "Yep" I nod. He pulls up at his apartment. We get out of the car and go upstairs, getting straight into the shower.

Suggestions??