chapter 68

I'm in the back of my car, on my way to pick up meredith. I smile brightly as I'm scrolling through my phone and see a picture of meredith from one of her photoshoots.

It's an agency wishing her a happy birthday. I look through the comments. 'I bet Derek's so proud of her!' I read one of the comments.

Because we're quite a high profile couple, lots of people are following our relationship online as it progresses. I love that people love us together so much.

'I'm so proud of my girl!!' I reply to the comment. We arrive and I go and knock on the door. "Ahh! Derek's here!" I hear meredith scream excitedly. I chuckle softly. She opens the door.

"I missed you" she pulls me down to kiss her. "I missed you too darling" I squeeze her.

She pulls away. "Do you want to come inside for a bit? Or just go?" She whispers. "Go" I say. "Will you grab my presents for me? They're in the living room" she asks. "Of course baby" I go in and grab them.

We go out and I put the gifts in the car. "What did derek get you, meredith?" A paparazzi guy comes over. I hold her hand, gently stopping her from getting too close to the crowd of them.

"He got me a ring" she smiles. She's always so polite to them. "How old are you today?" He asks. "Twenty one" she says.

"How old are you?" He asks me. "He's twenty seven, he's old" she giggles, standing on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek. They take a bunch of pictures.

I open the car door. "Bye guys" she smiles at them before getting in the car. I get in too and close the door. She leans in and kisses me. My driver sets off back to my apartment.

"Did you have fun with your parents?" I ask. She nods. "I missed you" she says. "We were apart for two hours" I smile. "I wanna be with you all of the time" she says.

"Are you really proud of me?" She grins, squinting playfully. "You saw?" I chuckle, pulling her closer. She nods. "I'm so proud of you, you've come so far since we met" I tuck her hair behind her ear.

"So have you! I'm so proud of you too" she says. I smile. She literally makes me want to propose to her every five seconds.. but I can't. It needs to be special for my special girl.

I smile brightly, looking into her eyes. "Do you wanna know a secret?" She whispers. I nod. "You're my best friend" she hugs my neck. "I am?!" I grin. She nods.

"Do you wanna cancel the restaurant and just stay in bed for the rest of the night?" she asks. "No, I'm fucking starving! You ate all my lunch" I say. She laughs.

"You choose food over me?" She pouts. "You really want to?" I ask. "I've always dreamed of a birthday where I just spend the whole night in bed with the love of my life having sex and cuddling" she says.

"Okay, that sounds great.. can I cook for you then?" I ask. She nods enthusiastically. "Your cooking is the best anyway" she says. I smile.

"We ran out of condoms this morning though, I was gonna go to the shop before we went home" I chuckle. "Don't bother, we can go without" she smirks slightly. "You sure?" I ask. She nods.

"You have to pull out in time, okay?" She giggles, looking into my eyes. "I always do" I roll my eyes. "You always say you will, but you never do" she giggles. "Nah" I shake my head. "Uhuh" she grins, nodding. I grin.

"Its difficult!" I say. She laughs, rolling her eyes. "I'll spend most of the night with my face between your thighs anyway" I whisper. She blushes hard, giggling softly. I chuckle. We arrive at my apartment and go inside.