chapter 38

Me, izzie and cristina are out at lunch in a cafe. Derek flew them out to see me. He's so sweet, he knew I was missing my friends so he flew them all the way here to see me.

"Meredith" izzie says. "Yeah?" I look at her. "How did you know you loved derek?" She asks. "Uh" I chuckle softly.

"Why are you asking?" I ask. "Just answer me" she chuckles. "Um, I don't know.. he's just really nice to me, we have amazing sex... incredible sex.." I trail off.

I giggle, thinking about last night. "Mer" izzie chuckles. "Oh, um.. he's just really sweet and caring and I enjoy being with him and spending time with him" I smile.

"Alex told me he loves me" she says. "Did you say it back?" Cristina asks. She shakes her head. "Why not?" I ask. "I don't know if I do love him or not" she says.

"Did derek say it first? Or you?" She asks. "Derek" I smile. "How did he say it?" She asks. "Uh.. we were in the kitchen and he was cooking everyone a meal at his moms house after I had just surprised him by coming home to see him" I say.

"He was kissing me and he just whispered it against my skin" I grin, thinking back. "Ew" Cristina says. "Aw" izzie says.

They continue talking whilst I grab my phone. I find Derek's number and text him.

Me: I love you
Derek: I love you too gorgeous!
Derek: are you having a good time?
Me: yeah, I'd be having more fun if you were here
Derek: Cristina doesn't like me
Me: she'll warm up to you eventually. Izzie loves you
Derek: what are you guys up to now?
Me: girl talk
Derek: you talking about me?
Me: mhmmm... maybe
Derek: keep it pg baby.. we don't want them falling in love with me along with the rest of the world
Me: don't be so cocky Derek, it's unattractive
Derek: you love it.. and you know it
Me: I hate you
Derek: I hate you too ;)
Me: I'll see you soon
Derek: see ya

------------

We all walk into my hotel room. "Hi derek" they both say. "Hey" he smiles. He's sat on the couch.

I walk over to him and sit next to him. "Hello" he smirks as I move my face closer to his. "Hi" I giggle before kissing him softly.

"She's about to open my $60,000 bottle of whiskey" he clears his throat. "Cristina not that one" I run over and take it off of her.

"Its Derek's" I put it back in the cupboard. She glares at him. "Leave him alone, you can have my tequila" I find it and pass it to her. She opens it and they start drinking.

We're sat on the floor in the living room area. I look over at derek, who's sat in bed when I realise how loud we're being.

I walk over to him. I crawl onto the bed infront of him. He smiles, taking his earphones out. "I'm sorry we're being so loud" I say. "Its fine, have fun" he smiles.

"Why won't you come and drink with us?" I climb ontop of him. He smiles, gently grabbing my thighs and pulling me closer. I straddle him.

"Hey! We're right here!" Izzie giggles. I look back and chuckle as I see that they're watching us.

"Come on, you're having a drink" I get up. "Mer" he sighs. I hold his hand and tug on it gently. He follows me to the living room area.

We sit with them. I pass him the bottle of tequila. He takes a swig of it. He tries to pass it to me but I raise my brow. He takes a few more gulps. I grin.

He passes it to me. I take it and take a few gulps of it. I pass it to izzie before hugging him. He wraps his arm around me, kissing my head softly.

"What have you two been up to I London, anyway?" Izzie asks. "Sex" I giggle. "We've done some sight seeing" he says. "Yeah, I've shown him a few things" I smirk at him. "Will you calm down?" He chuckles. I grin.

"I taught derek how to give a lap dance the other day.. would you like to see the video?" I grab my phone. "Yes!" They say. "No!" He grabs it off of me. I laugh.

"You know if you two got married, could you be the stripper at his bachelor party?" Cristina says. "Oh yeah" izzie laughs. Me and derek look at eachother awkwardly.

"Oh, have you not... talked about that yet?" Cristina chuckles. I shake my head, looking down. "Sorry" she mumbles. Izzie clears her throat.

"Anyway, um.. I've also been working a lot, Derek's been working on his computer.. he visits me a lot at work and surprises me with things like spa days" I smile at him. He takes another gulp of the tequila.

I cuddle into him again. I rest my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around me. "Does talking about marriage make you uncomfortable?" I look into his eyes. "No, not at all" he chuckles awkwardly. I roll my eyes.

"I'll marry you.. I'd marry you right here right now" he says defensively. "Shut up" I giggle. "I mean it" he smiles. I grin, looking into his eyes. He kisses me softly.

I put my hands on his cheeks, closing my eyes slowly as our kiss deepens.

I pull away slowly and giggle softly. "I love you" he says. "I love you too" I smile wider.

Suggestions?